[Gameplay] (Frontline beta v0.675a) Controller Quickslots Menu Mixup

Ryfox III

Green Slime
Haiya Haiya and Haha!

So to be honest I am not 100% if this should count as visual as well but I'll say Gameplay because its interacting with this menu.

So I found this sometime ago but I didn't really try to experiment and see fully how badly the menu of the Quickslots was until recently.

I play with the Xbox 360 controller as I wasn't use to the keyboard gameplay with how much it demands and being on something of a laptop/tablet computer its not very comfortable for me. At one point while trying out skills I made a mistake and wanted to remove one of the skills out of my quickslot choices. for some reason when I try to remove the skill it wouldn't let me but I notice it remove a skill from another part of the menu.

I did some experimenting to see what removed where. I can't really give you a visual this time but I hope this makes enough sense to find the problem easy.

Quickslots Menu

Default Button Section:
Removing skill/item from Y in Default = removes skill/item in LT button X
Removing skill/item from B in Default = removes skill/item in LT button A

LT Button Section:
Removing skill/item from Y in LT = removes skill/item in RT button X
Removing skill/item from B in LT = removes skill/item in RT button A
Removing skill/item from A in LT = removes skill/item in LT button B
Removing skill/item from X in LT = removes skill/item in LT button Y

RT Button Section:
Removing skill/item from Y in RT = removes weapon in Style menu (Wait what!?)
Removing skill/item from B in RT = removes shield in Style menu
Removing skill/item from A in RT = removes skill/item in RT button B
Removing skill/item from X in RT = removes skill/item in RT button Y

I hope this helps in finding the bug. This would be kinda bad if this ended up in the full game and I wouldn't want to see that happen to this game and a great team that has been working on it providing a good fun experience playing this.

That's all from me. To the Development Team and readers I say to you,

Aloha Haha!

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Sounds like a menu slot indexing error to me, which would explain why it can remove things from the style menu. Those slots are the most recently added to the top bar, so what could be happening is, when you select a given slot, it subtracts it from the total number of slots. However, now the number of slots has increased by two and therefore the bindings are offset.

Oddly, I think everything's still fine with keyboard.

Ryfox III

Green Slime
Curious and I double checked. Yeah Keyboard Menu works fine. Removed skills from each slot no problem. When I was looking into the Xbox quickslot menu I was kinda expecting it to go full circle. Though thinking on it now you can't really remove the Sword or Shield in the Default section of the Quickslot menu.

xEleaa

Rabby
This is the b7g James kt posted a video about a while ago already. Though I thaught it got fixed xD since it has not received occurred for myself yet lol

realmister

Green Slime
Im really sorry for this necro but it seems that an error as basic as this one somehow made it into the 1.0 release. When I try to bind weapons to quickslots, all kinds of bugs happen, like if you bind a 2h weapon with an 1H equipped and activate it with the controller quickslot, your weapon binding goes haywire and u cant use the weapon anymore, the binding gets duplicated, the attack button doesnt work anymore etc.