[Gameplay] Gold Charge Piercing Dash

Gnneas

Green Slime
While you do ignore unit collision, yes - you are still damaged by the things you pass through.

Logically speaking, should you not be able to phase through without such damage occurring?

xEleaa

Rabby
Without damage piercing dash would become horribly overpowered , doing an attack then skill and repeat in quick succession is already strong enough imo. xD

Gnneas

Green Slime
Without damage piercing dash would become horribly overpowered , doing an attack then skill and repeat in quick succession is already strong enough imo. xD

Which pertains to the lower uncharged skill release with animation canceling, yes.

The slight invulnerability as per the description is more what I would understand is promised with a full gold charged piercing dash - which isn't the case.
Two separate things altogether. The skill itself at full charge versus the animation canceling in conjunction with the skill.

The invulnerability with dodging strike is fair given the high risk to reward situation you must place yourself in. You get punished if you time it incorrectly.

Still, to phase through enemies and to still take damage from just about anything that swings in the line of the charge doesn't sit well with me.
At least in the almost instantaneous gold charge dash. The rest is fair game.

xEleaa

Rabby
I was just trying to point out the skill is strong enough in any regard. And dodging strike does not provide invulnerability either ;o but it gives you the opportunity to perfect block if timed right.. but you still take damage if you are hit while using the skill.

As for piercing dash you can travel extremely far, animation cancel for massive dmg and instant charge other abilities from canceling gold level charge... not to mention the damage alone is enough to 1 shot more lesser mobs anyways.

As far as the description it ignores unit collision xd that's not a invulnerability.

Gnneas

Green Slime
Indeed it is a strong skill. The mobility is great and the early game damage is wonderful paired with animation canceling for sure.
Oh, was it a perfect block that dodging strike gives if timed correctly?
Learn somethin' everyday, eheh. And yeah, takes a while to get the hang of. It's strong in experienced hands. Not so much for those who aren't (speaking from experience. Lotsss of poorly timed dodging, ahah.)

And yes, it is simply the description that is more my issue. It's just, logically (at least in my mind) it should follow through to that you aren't target-able during the dash animation. Thus invulnerability would make sense in this respect. Logically. Right?

xEleaa

Rabby
:p It could make sense but being as nothing makes you invulnerable in the game it just wouldn't fit xD
Totally understand where you are coming from though.

Own

I doubt it would be overpowered. You run out of EP quickly and it has the lower damage of all the skills, I think. It's unuseable in Arcade for ranks because you're going to get hit by charging at most any enemy with projectiles.

xEleaa

Rabby
Oh I know in arcade it's horrible lol. But story wise, using it with second wind is just amazing already. Then if you where able to go invincible by charging idk. It's on my list of skill to try on arcade as a one skill build and it looks to be pretty hard haha.