[Gameplay] Have Brutal Start perk but no longer get the sword.

Scyris

Green Slime
I was playing thru a game of arcade, and I accdentally sold my sword I got from Brutal Start (Squire's claymore I believe) and now I never start with one anymore, and even buying one during the stage to replace it doesn't work, so now I have a perk that is essentally useless to me since it no longer gives me the sword. This is pretty game breaking for me since my builds I use in arcade mode relys on the 2 hand swords.

Scyris

Green Slime
Maybe its a bug in 56i? I'll try switching back to the stable version and see if that fixes it, if it does its a 0.56i issue. Tested it, nope its bugged permamently, even tried restarting a session after I unequipped perks and then went back in on a new char.

Last edited:

Scyris

Green Slime
Is this just for that perk or is it for all the weapon perks?

Well its the only one I have right now, so I can't say if the others get effected this way too, what I think is going on is the squires claymore has 2 or 3 diff versions of it, and the one from the perk is one that tells the game "Hey when they respawn they keep this" Bascally any item you get via perk or from doing quests/scoring higher might have a diff version of it.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I was playing thru a game of arcade, and I accdentally sold my sword I got from Brutal Start (Squire's claymore I believe) and now I never start with one anymore, and even buying one during the stage to replace it doesn't work, so now I have a perk that is essentally useless to me since it no longer gives me the sword. This is pretty game breaking for me since my builds I use in arcade mode relys on the 2 hand swords.

Very weird! Can you zip and upload your arcademode save file here so I can take a look at it?

You can find it in %APPDATA/Secrets of Grindea/

Scyris

Green Slime
Very weird! Can you zip and upload your arcademode save file here so I can take a look at it?

You can find it in %APPDATA/Secrets of Grindea/

Sure I can do that, maybe you can figure out whats going on and fix it.

Attachments

• arcademode.zip
    505 bytes · Views: 1

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
When loading up the save I do get the claymore :(

What happens when you enter the run? You just have a stick/wooden sword equipped?

Have you tried to unequip and re-equip the perk itself?

Scyris

Green Slime
Yeah i've tried unequipping the perk then reequipping it, still doesn't give me the sword, even went so far as to unequip the perk, save and quit, close the game, reload it, and go back into arcade mode and still don't get the weapon. When I am in town i just have the stick equipped and the squire's claymore is not in my inventory. If it works fine for you, could you try uploading the save so I can dl and replace mine and see if that will fix it since its in your save of my arcade? I got no idea whats going on and why it refuses to give it to me.

Scyris

Green Slime
... If thats the cause I am going to feel like an idiot. I'll try. Wow... now i feel like an idiot, I thought it's change it in town.. umm opps.. -_- Sorry all.