[Gameplay] My progress reset... but I have my items?

JunoGaming

Green Slime
Just the night before I was playing this amazing game and when I get on my computer to play the game (Steam version) my progress was reset but it still said on my character that I had the amount of hours I played and my character right there but when I went into the game... I was at the start talking to my father again. Can someone please help with this issue?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Sadly, the only way I found to rectify this was use another character slot. I think the slot is working fine for me now, but I have no idea what caused this to happen in the first place.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
When your first played the game, were you playing multiplayer by any chance? If you join a game that someone else hosts, you don't make progress in your own world (or else you'd miss out on quests & rewards already claimed by the host before you joined).

If you didn't, however... Then I'm afraid it's a real bug, which might have messed with your world file somehow. I believe that we'll see some changes to how things are saved in the next patch, so hopefully it shouldn't happen again after it has been uploaded!

(One of these days we should probably implement the ability to skip already-completed quests from multiplayer games as well...)

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
When I had this, I had started in a multiplayer world, but every time I quit (even after playing singleplayer), it still started me back at dad again. This was true even after I'd deleted that character and put another one in the slot.