[Gameplay] Phase shift ability not acquired after beating Phaseman

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
You shouldn't be able to skip the animation when you aquire the Phase ability. Are you sure you can't use the phase ability on phase plates? If pressing the attack button doesn't work then there must have been something that went really wrong. :S

Wiger Kaan

Green Slime
Nope, i think i somehow managed to skip the cutscene because i was spamming start. And i have tried every button on the phase pads and they all didnt work. So i guess i was able to skip the vital cutscene amd therefore didnt get the phase ability :/

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Nope, i think i somehow managed to skip the cutscene because i was spamming start. And i have tried every button on the phase pads and they all didnt work. So i guess i was able to skip the vital cutscene amd therefore didnt get the phase ability :/
I always skip the cutscene after the fight and I've never had this problem. My guess is that the yellow orb didn't spawn OR your character was standing so close to Phaseman when he died so you picked it up while in the cutscene. Not sure if either are possible but that would be my guess. :p

Wiger Kaan

Green Slime
Hmmm now you say yellow orb i dont remember that one spawning. I guess the cutsceneskip didnt trigger the oeb drop or something?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Could you rebattle Phaseman by exiting and entering the room again? If you didn't get it, he should respawn (as his spawning is controlled by whether or not the character can phase shift)!

Also, skipping the cutscene shouldn't affect the yellow orb spawning, so there's some pretty weird bug going on here! Perhaps a frame perfect skip that missed some state changes.

Wiger Kaan

Green Slime
Damn i think i broke it. Cant walk out and redo the bossfight. Sucks. I guess i did some wierd trick that bugged the whole fight out. I have tried everything and nothing works xD. Guess ill make another char.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Can't walk out as in can't walk out, or as in Phaseman doesn't respawn? If he doesn't respawn, I don't see any way the game doesn't recognize your phaseshift ability! It's more likely there's some input issue with the phaseplates. Are you standing on top of them, looking in the direction of the arrow and pressing the shield button (on gamepad) or the attack button (on keyboard)?

If it still doesn't work, could you upload your character and world files (found in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea) so I could have a look at them?

Wiger Kaan

Green Slime
I cant make phaseman respawn by walking out and in. At first i couldnt walk out so i teleported out. Then i couldnt respawn him. And i have tried every button on multiple phasepads. I will try again tomorrow and if it doenst work i will upload my game files! Thanks for the help guys.

Wiger Kaan

Green Slime
I dont know what happened but i tried the same thing last night and now it works again.. :/
Sorry for bothering you guys. Now it just works with pressing the a button, maybe yesterday my controller didnt register the input or something. Still thanks for helping and suggesting things !!