[Gameplay]Remedi in Pumpkin Woods or in his Shop, not both

After we activate "Pumpkin Inspection" quest, for the entire time before complete it, we can find Remedi at two places at the same time, inside his shop and in Pumpkin Woods. Why??

While you have the "Pumpkin Inspection" active and not completed, we shouldn't find him in his shop, but only in Pumpkin Woods. Right?

Last edited:

AaronJY

Rabby
After we activate "Pumpkin Inspection" quest, for the entire time before complete it, we can find Remedi at two places at the same time, inside his shop and in Pumpkin Woods. Why??

While you have the "Pumpkin Inspection" active and not completed, we shouldn't find him in his shop, but only in Pumpkin Woods. Right?
That would make more sense, but the idea is that you shouldn't be forced to complete side-quests in SoG at any point; you're free to make your own decisions on which quests you want to complete. If he was only available in the woods while this quest was active then you're going to have to complete the quest to be able to buy things from his shop.

That would make more sense, but the idea is that you shouldn't be forced to complete side-quests in SoG at any point; you're free to make your own decisions on which quests you want to complete. If he was only available in the woods while this quest was active then you're going to have to complete the quest to be able to buy things from his shop.

hmm, I understand what you mean and agree, but even so, this can be solved.

In that case, while he is in the Woods, while you don't need to protect him (respectively when you need to complete first and fouth objectives of this quest), you can make him interact with you, by showing to you the same three options to select (like when he is in his shop). Making him a movable shopkeeper.

The Buy/Sell options are obvious, but the Talk option, would be to continue with the quest (first when you meet him and the second time on the beginning of second screen).

while his quest(or future quests) is active, only his location changes, you can always make Remedi leave behind (on his shop door or even inside it) a warning signal that say where he is. if, in the future, you intend to make him go investigate other places to create new potions again this is a good overcome to the problem and you continue to make your point a valid one.

The Shop would be only his main place to be found, while not in a quest to investigate new potions.

Note: this now seems like a suggestion then a bug lol

anyway I understood your point as well, this is just a sugestion to improve in future versions.

Last edited:
oh and in the future you can extend this to any other character/shopkeeper from the game too

please, can a forum moderator move this thread to the suggestions part of the forum :p

AaronJY

Rabby
hmm, I understand what you mean and agree, but even so, this can be solved.

In that case, while he is in the Woods, while you don't need to protect him (respectively when you need to complete first and fouth objectives of this quest), you can make him interact with you, by showing to you the same three options to select (like when he is in his shop). Making him a movable shopkeeper.

The Buy/Sell options are obvious, but the Talk option, would be to continue with the quest (first when you meet him and the second time on the beginning of second screen).

while his quest(or future quests) is active, only his location changes, you can always make Remedi leave behind (on his shop door or even inside it) a warning signal that say where he is. if, in the future, you intend to make him go investigate other places to create new potions again this is a good overcome to the problem and you continue to make your point a valid one.

The Shop would be only his main place to be found, while not in a quest to investigate new potions.

Note: this now seems like a suggestion then a bug lol

anyway I understood your point as well, this is just a sugestion to improve in future versions, you don't need to follow it, if you don't want to.
This came across my mind while I was typing my previous reply it sort of replaces a hole with another hole. Unless a portable stand or a bag or something was moved to his location in the pumpkin woods to show that he's brought his stock with his, it'll be like watching him pull items from nowhere when you're purchasing from him in the woods (though that might just be a pedantic aesthetic solution to closing a small hole, but still).

Also, why would he be selling items in the pumpkin woods? It doesn't make sense to me :3 It might be an idea to introduce a new character that plays the role of his shop assistant/colleague that stands in for him at the shop while he's out in the woods. This closes the issue of him being in 2 places at once and doesn't introduce further issues regarding aesthetics.

Thoughts? (Apologies if my reply sounds a little off or doesn't make total sense. It's fairly late here and I'm quite tired, haha)

It might be an idea to introduce a new character that plays the role of his shop assistant/colleague that stands in for him at the shop while he's out in the woods. This closes the issue of him being in 2 places at once and doesn't introduce further issues regarding aesthetics.

oh, that is another good way to do it. using an assistant to sell items in the shop while the owner is out exploring.

Its a lot simpler to implement than my original idea too.

Momizi

Rabby
hes not in 2places at the same time
he just runs alot faster then you do

think the running man from ocarina of time

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
I moved the thread to the suggestions forum! It's a nice suggestion, but it's pretty low priority for now.

A lot of people have issues remembering where certain characters are, so there's a big risk that moving shopkeepers to new locations while in quests will annoy more people than the current solution. For instance, a person who wanted to craft a potion but sees a note on the door saying Remedi's in the Pumpkin Woods will be more annoyed that he has to go there than he'd be to have Remedi at two different places.

As for putting an assistant in the shop instead of him, it's all great, but also means we'd have to make an additional character, which takes time from making other content! Making all that work properly takes quite a bit of time in itself, as well.

In our mindset, we don't feel that this is that big of an issue since you can never really see him at two places at once anyway. Like @Momizi said, maybe he's just really, really fast ;)

i know this is not urgent and as it is now, it works fine.

I'm a programmer myself, so as the game evolves, new characters will appear, please take this sugestion in consideration on a future update.