[Gameplay] Second Wind melee talent works against itself

Kana

Rabby
While it does absorb some energy, it also halts natural regen for a couple seconds, as if you used a skill or spell, which ends up being MUCH slower than not swinging, or even better, not having it.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Does it? It really doesn't look like it does that to me, and at level 5 whacking an enemy a few times definitely gets my EP back faster. Are you on the Stable or Frontline version?

Kana

Rabby
I wouldn't actually know. I just started playing the game. So I suppose I'm on stable. Sorry to crowd up the forum with a useless thread. (no passive aggression here)

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I can't remember if the bug where it was broken was fixed on the last Stable update, but it used to be the case that Second Wind didn't actually work, which might be what you're experiencing. If it feels like it's doing nothing (rather than halting EP regen), then it's already been fixed :D

If you're certain that it's halting EP regen, I'd encourage some further testing. Perhaps whack it up to level 5 and see if you're still getting the issue. It's not doing that for me in the Frontline version, so I would assume the bug has already been fixed, or there's a difference between systems (but it seems unlikely for a bug like this).

Don't worry, you haven't cluttered the forum, and I'm not saying you're wrong. Just try giving the bug a bit more of a poke around before posting ;)

Kana

Rabby
So, after testing on both stable and frontline, using levels 1-5, I can confirm Second wind does indeed interrupt your natural EP regen for 1 second if you activate it (landing a basic attack). But, it's definitely not bad, if at level five hitting multiple enemies at once. It holds back EP regen builds early stage though, I think.

So in the case that this is still considered a bug,
The weapon I was using to do basic attacks was the Flower whip, and only each of the earth spells to deplete EP to test, and on each of the monsters in the "Mushroom Caves".

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Well, this is what I'm experiencing, with the same weapon. Watch my EP regen, it appears to jump up but not stop at any point:

Having just done some further testing in Mt. Bloom, I experience the same thing there as well.

So you're saying that, after hitting an enemy your EP regen halts for a second, similar to if you're using a skill? That's really odd. The only thing I could think of would be if you have shadow clone active and when you hit, it counts as activating the skill for some reason and stops the regen, but I haven't done any testing. What other skills are you using?

Kana

Rabby
It just occurred to me it might have to do lag. I only tested it joining a game, so let me test it some more. I have REALLY bad internet right now

Last edited: