[Gameplay] Smash skill stuck on map

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I've made the game love me so much that it made an area for me that kills all the enemies that dare to walk close! Now I can afk farm once again!SoG Broken Game Needs Fix.pngSoG Smash! the game.....png
I somehow managed to make the game use Smash! on enemies that walk close to a little area around where the Rabbys go flying. I think it's the Silver or Bronze charge that I used on a Boar. (I suspect that I could also have maybe hit a Rabby when it was spawning) This is just me guessing ofc as I have no idea on how this occured. :p Happy hunting!

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Oh, sweet! Now I can combine my two favorite pastimes: boar- and bug hunting!

Thanks for the report!

Akira

Rabby
Alright, sadly I fail to reproduce it but at least to inform you:
Somehow I managed to have the smash skill stuck on a certain part of the map.
So I could freely move around and fight but as soon as an enemy moved to that part it got smashed around as if I was still standing there using the Smash skill.
I can tell you it was freaking hilarious :D

Some screenies, check the direction where the enemies where smashed from and where I am standing:

YOzvLLi.png

h3ozms5.png

gGGAg8D.png

Really sorry I can't reproduce it. Of course I will continue trying to find out more.

Edit: Hah! More Info since I'm just having that bug again: I was definitely hitting a knight. Maybe in shielding mode, note sure yet.

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I have a theory that you might have thoughts on...

It seems I've forgotten to remove the hurtbox in the spell's cancel code (which triggers if the player exits the smash animation)! Could it be you're being smacked out of the attack by something, like a Summer Knight's special attack?

Akira

Rabby
Got it, check here.
It's only 5:45 and I think it's worth it watching it completely.

Like I say on the video, have merci on me, this is my very first video so both quality and my gameplay suck ;)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Got it, check here.
It's only 5:45 and I think it's worth it watching it completely.

Like I say on the video, have merci on me, this is my very first video so both quality and my gameplay suck ;)

Haha, a very helpful video :D

It does indeed look like it happened when you got hit out of the swing animation! I've added proper cleanup to the skill destruction code now, so this great bug will be gone in the next patch :(

Good thing you got it on tape!

Akira

Rabby
That makes me want to add some sort of pinball challenge using that skill :D
If it wasn't for the problem that it requires levelling the smash skill to be able to use it it wouldn't be a bad idea ;)

I was thinking about something else: a skill (maybe a magic one since it can't be separated into the two weapon categories) with which you can plant such traps, like mines, so you plant one for let's say 20 EP which won't regenerate (like when using a summon) and when an enemy walks over it it explodes.
Also allowing to plant multiple of these traps/mines. Or make it an item.
Well just some fun thinking, like I said: I was having far too much fun with this bug. Feel free to make more of these :D

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Simply add bumpers and an ice floor to the arena, along with a few chickens... I'd love to see that personally, be great fun smacking around chickens to get points, and something else to add to the arena, as oppose to just killing things :D