[GAMEPLAY] Superpowered Boar

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I've noticed on a couple occasions while farming and fighting boars that they seem to become superpowered, meaning they do damage to you on contact, like they would when they're charging, but when they hopping after you at a normal pace. It even went as far as instakilling the four bees in the arcade room I was in while they were in the air, out of his attack range. I believe the scenario went like so:

Walk into room from the south. See two bees in the air, a red slime, a hive, a bloomo and a boar. I dodge a normal attack from the boar and run straight over to the hive and slime and use the Ice Nova, and kill the two with normal sword slashes, dodging another normal boar strike. In the time it took to do that the hive had popped out two more bees. I go to attack the boar, dodge another of his normal attack and take a few swipes at him while dodging the bees. I see him charging his dash, and run to the top of the room. As he charges I move out the way and he hits the wall. I run down and get preoccupied with the bees, none of which I manage to kill. The boar then jogs down again, normal walking pace, and does the contact damage to me before his attack. My invincibility frames save me from some more damage as he swipes again, then I run down to the bottom of the room and he kills all of the bees, while they're in the air. By the time he gets to me the effect has worn off.

Is the contact damage from the charge not cancelled if you leave the boar be after he's charged? Seems a little obscure and is hard to get on video, but I thought I might bring it up.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Found out what it is. Sometimes when a boar charges it doesn't do it's stopping animation, like the skid to a halt. When it does that, it activates this "superpowered" effect for a short while, while the game thinks it's still charging. I then shielded one of it's normal attacks, and it made the KLUNK noise like it does when it charges into a wall, bounced back and stood there dazed, the exact pattern shown when it hits a wall. It's moderately difficult to replicate, and I'd say it happens once every 20 or so boar charges

[Edit]: After perfect guarding a charging boar, I suppose it's safe to say that the boar is still counted as charging, as when I did so it stopped in its tracks as described above.

Last edited: