(Gameplay) Tai Ming 2: Stuck after getting toy crown and unable to complete quest

FluffyCherrie

Green Slime
so i played through tai ming's second zone, and at the end after getting the toy crown, i was stuck and unable to exit the building again. i'm not sure if one of the time warps was bugged and missing, or if this was where the mimic fight should have been triggered but didn't, but nothing happened. so i exited the game and when i logged back on i respawned back outside where i could turn in the quest, even though i didn't really complete it.

so i decided to use the command ''/taiming2reset'' so i could do the quest legit, and when i did, the quest to get to mana's house was bugged out. the three wooden crate things you need to use to make a bridge had spawned in the wrong places, so one of them was stuck in a wall, and the others were stuck in rocks etc. so none of them could be moved. so i used the reset command again. and this time the crates were back to normal, so i could complete mana's quest.
but when i got to the end with the toy crown, i was once again stuck like last time.

i'm not entirely sure if it is a bug, or if the way to get back out after retrieving the crown just hasn't been implemented yet, (since i am using frontline) but just in case it is a bug, i thought i should mention it. and sorry if these two things should have been in separate threads. it made more sense to me to put them in one, seeing as i ran into them at the same time. and also sorry if this bug has already been reported. i tried checking to see if it already had, but there are way too many pages of solved and unsolved bugs so i couldn't read them all.. =S

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to teleport back to Tai Ming at the end of the quest. For that reason, exiting and re-entering the game puts you back on the Tai Ming teleport plate, as if you've just teleported there anyway. So the first time round you basically completed the quest correctly :p

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
While a lot of people probably just teleport out, you're actually supposed to be able to walk out as well! Where did you get stuck? Maybe we've made something unclear!

FluffyCherrie

Green Slime
While a lot of people probably just teleport out, you're actually supposed to be able to walk out as well! Where did you get stuck? Maybe we've made something unclear!

its between the art puzzle room and the room with the mirror phasing puzzle. you need to be in ''current'' time to exit the art puzzle room, as the door is blocked off in the ''past'' time. but when you do exit that room and get to the mirror phasing one, you need to be in ''past'' time to get through, but since you just switched it to ''current' time to even be able to enter the room you're stuck, as the stairway down is blocked off in ''current'' time by rubble. to fix this problem there needs to either be a time warp at the top section of the mirror phase room when you exit the art room, or the rubble needs to be removed from the stairway so there's a passage to leave again. =)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Oooh, you can jump down from the right ledge in the phasing room! I guess that might be a bit unclear. Perhaps we can add an arrow or something, or make the ledge more obvious!

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
An arrow that only appears if you phase back over? Then it doesn't flag you to jump down the ledge when you've just got up there :p