[German] (Idiomatic Translation)

Jyntax

Green Slime
Hello everyone,

I know there is already a German Team translating Secrets of Grindea and I could join them too, but I actually want to translated in another way then they do. I have my own way in translating stuff and I might also like another way of phrasing. That's why I want to start my very own translation of this game. I still wish the German Team good luck with their Translation. ^^

Current Status (20th May 2014):

Misc: 735 / 1258
Items: 406 / 406
Enemies: 68/ 111
Spells: 7 / 190
Menus: 102 / 267
Notices And Tips: 70 / 70
Quests: 0 / 132
NPCNames: 82/ 82

Dialogs: 1 / 428
PillarMountains: 0 / 60
EvergrindFields: 0 / 28
FlyingTemple: 0 / 40
Halloween: 0 / 39
HW: 0 / 25
EvergrindCity: 0 / 79
EvergrindArena: 0 / 75
RogueLike: 1 / 82

A Sidenote about the NPCNames. I'll not translate Names directly. The only thing I might translate at them are titles like Pope etc. Still I won't translate something like Mrs. or Mr. like at Mrs. Bee because this way to address people is also known in German and I don't like the way "Frau Biene" sounds. It's like the famous example "Butterfly" cute - "Schmetterling" harsh.

I'll upload the files as soon as they are finished, maybe I'll hand out a few teasers but that's very unlikely because I have a lot of stuff to do IRL (I'm at a hotel at the moment because the floor of my apartment get's renewed).

I'll keep you updated!

Best regards,
Jyntax.

Last edited:

Jyntax

Green Slime
Update 20th May 2014:

Slowly but surely does the Misc File reach it's final form. I'll release it soon so that some germans can take a look at the translation to find typos I might have missed.