Global Arcade Mode online highscores.

Own

CFO5YyyUsAASS2_.png

If I'm to understand this correctly, every time someone finishes an Arcade Mode run their score is automatically submitted to Steam?

It looks really nice, I like the layout and style of it, and the fact that it's not just a top 10 so people have the opportunity to actually place if they do reasonably well. :)

You may want to put an option in the menu to toggle off Steam high score submissions. Some people might be squeamish about their username being broadcast to everyone.

Also, is the only thing it submits the highscore and the appearance, nothing about the build, equipment, etc?

Also, when the Single Skill Run challenge is introduced, will they all have their own individual high score lists? I feel that would give a good representation of how good each skill is, the average score in the top 10 for each skill being visible.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
You may want to put an option in the menu to toggle off Steam high score submissions. Some people might be squeamish about their username being broadcast to everyone.

Either that, or we could add a little "submit score to Steam?" prompt at the end of the run! That would let hackers hack without getting banned from the leaderboards, too. For users who absolutely don't want to be a part of the leaderboard club, I could throw in a chat command disabling it completely (perhaps until we free up GUI real estate for a proper setting in Options).

Also, is the only thing it submits the highscore and the appearance, nothing about the build, equipment, etc?

A bunch of additional data about the run is currently sent with the score (and we still have quite a bit of room before we hit Steam's limits), but it can't be viewed through the regular client. The metadata is, apart from the appearance, only there to see if we can put a semi-robust system in place to catch cheaters!

Own

I like the 'Submit score?' idea, because then hackers have no excuse when they wind up booted off. :)

There are no plans to include any additional info for regular clients, though? I guess if everyone went to the leaderboards and saw that everyone on the top list were using, say, Smash, Throw or Spirit Slash, that would make them gravitate towards using it too instead of experimenting themselves...