Great game thus far! A few thoughts!

Honorable_D

Green Slime
Heyo! Picked this up a few days ago but just now got around to playing and I gotta say its a real gem so far! I love the combat system and I've always been a sucker for grinding/collecting all sorts of things so this is right up my alley. Having super rare drops like the Monster Cards is pretty cool and I hope you guys add more things like that - the more reason to farm enemies the better!

Anways, a bit of feedback/questions:

Please, PLEASE don't fall into the crafting system trap of items you can craft taking way too long to gather materials for and then, when you do finally craft'em, they end up being replaced by something better from a shop in the next town. I just spent a lot of time farming bees for 20 stingers to make that 1-hand sword and while its pretty awesome I really hope I don't find something better as soon as I enter into the next area. >_<

Speaking of farming a specific amount of materials - it'd be really nice if the little item pop-ups on the left side had a number displaying how many you now have. Say, I have 13 apples and when I pick up another that little pop-up on the bottom left would have a (14) after the item name -- Apple (14). That'd be helpful and I don't think it'd be super hard to add.

I notice a lot of older gear can be crafted into something better. Thats fine but I hope theres a way to craft the older items again if you end up selling'em off. I'd hate to accidentally sell off an older, crap item only to find that there's no way to buy/craft it again if its needed for a recipe much later on.

On weapons/armor - it'd be pretty cool if some of the better gear could have 'procs', that is to say, special effects when you use them. Like a sword that has a chance on hit to bleed an enemy or a suit of armor that freezes/slows enemies that hit you. I've just started the game for the most part so if there are already procs on gear you find later on... nevermind, heh

A potion crafting system would be cool as well as a cooking one - could give fish a lot more of a purpose. I realize money needs to have a use so perhaps to craft you'd need to buy various tiers of alchemy vials/cooking spices, etc.

Anyways, don't wanna create a massive wall of text. Love the game thus far!

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Hey there, welcome to the Forum.
About the sold items: 1) I think you never need to sell items as you can always farm a little money 2) They said that they'll implement a way of buying things back that you sold.
About 'procs': The Stinger sword you just aquired has a special effect... The skill "piercing dash" can be charged faster.
I like the Ideas about Item Numbers and potion carfting, but i wonder if potion crafting might be your feared crafting trap.

And maybe you might want to post in the "First Impression 2.0" Forum for your Feedback and make posts for every single suggestion in the Suggestion SubForum
This is just because it's easier to find that one cool suggestion, when you can just search for the title of the Post and it makes Navigating easier.

FreshSheet

Green Slime
A lot of your worries have already have solutions in game c:

Specific weapons and armor have special effects, you can always buy or craft something you have previously bought or crafted; and any other items not found in chests can be farmed, and that one handed weapon isn't beat until you make a better one with an item dropped sometimes by the third boss so you still have the trend of crafted items being better than bought ones :)

THE DEVS ARE PSYCHIC

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
There is a potion shop where you can spend your money to buy potions to either feed your pets with or use on yourself to get that extra increased stat you want for a boss fight. I'd dare to say that the pets right now are the real money sink because they don't have a cap and you can level them up with potions that cost 150 coins each. Not really a great money sink but here is one. I think that we talked about cooking and advanced crafting somewhere here on the forum so I guess if you're interested you could go look for that. There will also be a house later on so buying and crafting furniture will probably be a thing. :D

When you say proc do you mean a stat that has a %chance of activating? It's not a bad idea but I think the game has enough RNG already. XD