Grindea screenshot map

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Ooooh, someone finally noticed. It's been like this only for 4 months :bag:
I did a re-upload on Mediafire.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Suggestions:
1. Maybe rearrange Santa's factory and the temple of seasons somewhat like this (don't worry I reduced the size drastically)
http://i.imgur.com/rOL0mQm.png
This would make the whole picture a little smaller but denser. Maybe this would reduce file size a little?

2. Make a second, smaller picture (like 50% size) which would still look good and work better on more computers. Like this. (Done badly in paint.) This is about 50% resolution and about 50% file size. http://i.imgur.com/DC5CZgu.jpg

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
how long did it actually take to take all the screenshots and make the map?
It used to be ULTRA LONG, so I initially used maps made by Rokker.

Then I discovered useful trick. Irfan View has a screenshoting function which allows you to save image directly into clipboard, removing window's frame. So I can just press screenshot button and instantly paste it into GIMP in correct position, without further modifications (not counting selecting the area I want to paste, to leave only what I want; but that's trivial). This allows to add portions of map in just seconds, and whole Tai Ming took me around 2 hours or less.

reduce file size a little
Now that you mention it, I have a full map of SotN, and with almost the same size, it's just 17 MB. The reason is it has 5 times less unique colors.

So not only I made a smaller version, I reduced number of colors. Medium quality version has 65k colors and LQ has just 256. They are 13MB and 8MB respectively. (also, the Factory change didn't affect the size almost at all)

EDIT:
So, the LQ version can be easily embedded here. Nice.

Last edited:

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
It's mostly legitimate. I clipped some off-map parts of Tai Ming and the missing Season Temple room is from Dev Blog.

L4UR

Green Slime
The problem in doing these kind of maps is that a lot of rooms in SoG are 3D based and doing that kind of map on 2D looks ... weird because these maps don't take in account that there are the stairs that get u higher and so one room could be on top of each other or just have some corridors that the length of which is unknown especially in smth like The Seasonee