Have Master Collectors Tier what should I do as a mission?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Oh, cool! Another awesome person that bought the Master Collector Tier! We've actually had some brainstorming for a potential side quest here: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/first-master-collector.164/

I would suggest to also private message @Garglius. Maybe he has come up with some more ideas that he can share with you and if not then at least he can tell you what he's doing so you don't do the same thing (it would be a shame if you guys ended up doing something very similar).

You want to mention your twitch channel? This seems rather immersion breaking.
I think it depends on how you do it. If the NPC for the quest looks like a game nerd with maybe a twitch shirt on and the NPC has his name then that could hint about his stream in a subtle way. The quest could also be to help him gather followers for his next raid (or something like that). As long as you don't say straight out "come watch my channel" in the quest I wouldn't mind. :p

Own

Usually when developers do a 'purchase the game for (tier) and make (in-game bonus)', things like obscentity or advertisements in-game don't get included, but there are ways around that. Like having a character involved in the mission named 'Raymonddog' or 'Raymond Dog', or including a link in the credits outside of the game. But I could be wrong about that. :D

The best way you could promote yourself in a special mission, I think, would be to request a special Arena mission where you're the announcer, Mr. Twitch Raymonddog, or Raymond "Twitch" Dog, maybe? That would put you prominently in the role of the mission without making it an obvious advertisement.

By being at the arena, it would be a graded mission and therefore one people have to try over and over to get double S-Ranks in and repeatable, giving you more of a presence. :)

For a hypothetical arena challenge? You could probably design a cool one, several bosses or vast numbers of elite enemies that have HP/stats adjusted to match the player level, each enemy given the name of your Twitch channel moderators, subscribers or users. In place of the usual 'Slime the Mad', for example.

If you want to design a whole area for your mission instead of just having an arena challenge, you could request a mission themed after your favorite genre of games.

You like zombie games? A haunted house or crypt filled with the shambling undead, monsters who look and fight like people. Give them all large bones and small bones to fight with and have each one auto-cast a specific melee skill every few seconds while homing in on the players. So one shambles over Whirlslashing every few seconds, one Tosses their weapon every few seconds, one goes Berserk and gets a damage bonus, one casts Spirit Slash, one Piercing Dashes, etc. Each zombie in the area could have a name of you or prominent people from your twitch chat.

How about side-scrolling beat-'em-ups? You could request a special area that's not very tall at all, but extremely long and only scrolls to the right (ex: Golden Axe, Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Castle Crashers). Waves of enemies and bosses from the game and other obstacles stand in your way. How hard is Gigaslime when you can't run up, down or back? Or being tag-teamed by a powered up Marino and Vilya at the same time? If you make it a dream area or an area of illusions, you could take any liberties you wanted with the bosses present since it wouldn't conflict with the storyline.

FPS games? Put in a special area where your weapons are as heavy as boulders and your magic doesn't work. You have infinite arrows and have to Rambo your way through it, sniping down everything in your path. @Teddy absolutely hates anything bow-related, though. ;)

Tower Defense? You have a set path, or several paths, enemies can travel along at full pace towards the goal. For every enemy you let slip by the end takes damage. You can attack enemies to distract them into attacking you instead of racing for the goal. Between waves you can stand on squares along the paths to 'grow' specific plants up like you would normally revive partners. The first growth, the basic plant. Then you could stay on it even longer to grow it into second charge, third and even longer for the final gold charge. That might be a unique idea for a mission. Again, enemy names could be people from your channel.

Roguelikes? You could ask for a special dungeon like Arcade Mode / Binding of Isaac, but in Story Mode. A randomized # floor dungeon filled with powered up versions of enemies from all across the game, not kept apart from where they are in Story Mode. A room with 2 crystals, an elite boar and a couple of ghosts and an Autumn Hydra head? Why not.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The most important thing about the mission/quest is that it's fun to play and doesn't ruin the experience for the player! As mentioned, it's probably pretty easy to get around this by cleverly referencing the channel somehow.

Own

The most important thing about the mission/quest is that it's fun to play and doesn't ruin the experience for the player! As mentioned, it's probably pretty easy to get around this by cleverly referencing the channel somehow.

How do you feel about a link, or at least a mention in the credits for high-end collectors?

Something like:

[MASTER COLLECTOR] Ray Gaines - Twitch: Raymonddog

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
How do you feel about a link, or at least a mention in the credits for high-end collectors?

Something like:

[MASTER COLLECTOR] Ray Gaines - Twitch: Raymonddog

I personally wouldn't mind that for big contributors, considering how few they are. Immersion can't be broken during credits after all :p

Yuuki

Boar
Or maybe you include a npc that was transportet from another dimension to grindea due an faulty low tier artefact that you have to defeat in order to send that strange npc back. the npc could talk about he just watched Ray who streamed a game called secrets of grindea on twitch xD

Ray Gaines

Green Slime
Im just wondering that would it be wrong? I just think it would be a cool addition like what Own said with the name but the quest is going to have to be epic Im going to have to read in more depth what you guys and gals say just keep spilling out ideas ik one will click i really want the public to be involved be quest of the yearssss xD

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Or maybe you include a npc that was transportet from another dimension to grindea due an faulty low tier artefact that you have to defeat in order to send that strange npc back. the npc could talk about he just watched Ray who streamed a game called secrets of grindea on twitch xD
I like the time travel idea. :D
If I'm not mistaken we already have an area that involves time (the third area?) so that wouldn't be hard to fit in the game. Maybe you could have the NPC hiding behind some bushes in the next area and his quest could be to secretly gather some boss items for him that he needs for mysterious reasons. You gather the items and return to find out that he needed the items to build you some cool space furniture to put in your house to prevent the horrible event of an empty collector's house. :D

Ray Gaines

Green Slime
If this thread can think of a good idea all together I will prob use it since my own imagination is not to great def want it to be long