Health bar, combo perks, and other suggestions

Kris

Green Slime
So hey everybody I only have the free demo so sorry if one of my suggestions is already in the game. I've searched the forums for anything related to my suggestions and didn't find anything so here it is:

Health bar:
When our health bar is low such as reaching 25% health left, then it will blink repeatedly or make a beep every 3 seconds. The blinking and the beep can be turned off in the option menu.

Combo perks:
So if you have 3 silver charge skills that can only do summoning, knockback, using the same element or even supporting others, then you will get a combo system that gives out a perk which helps you out more when using those 3 skills.

Say like for example you have Frosty Friend, Summon Plant, or Cloud Strike all at silver charge then you will get the summoner's combo system which could give a perk that can possible give a random summon a higher critical chance, chance for a 3 second attack boost for a fallen summon, slightly higher health when all 3 are alive, and much more.

More perks can be gained when all 3 skills are at a higher charge and from quests, while getting a extra perk slot would be gained from doing hard quests.

Enemy respawns:
Can there be a indicator showing when a enemy is going to spawn? Rather is it possible to not have enemies do a sneak attack as soon as they spawn as they're aren't visible enough to notice as they attack you.

Health potion:
I saw the topic about the abuse if a healing skill was in the game so I'm wondering if it's possible to have a health potion. There can be 2 kinds like the instant health potion would be like a life orb but it would heal less and have a 10 second cooldown before using any other potion, and the regeneration potion which slowly heal your health to a amount that is slightly less than a health orb but more than the instant health potion.

This would be very rare reward in arcade mode and will be hard to craft in story mode but it would help with our survival in case requiring health orbs from mobs at a certain place is a death sentence in your current condition.

Hidden rooms in arcade:
The arcade mode is fun and it's quite difficult which makes it even more fun but how about we add more content and introduce hidden rooms. When a normal room is finished, then a part of the room such a small tree or bush would shrink showing a slightly obvious tiny path showing where they are, where in extremely rare cases getting S-rank in that room will open up a hidden room.

These hidden rooms would probably be harder, a chance to have something unique that normal rooms wouldn't have and if mobs are inside then the percentage of them being elites would be increase. This minor suggestion would make exploration in a arcade mode a bit more interesting.

Last edited:

ark626

For the Health Potions they had them ingame and removed them a time ago cause they were to OP and simply didnt fit into the game.

The Suggenstion of the Audio/VIsual signal on under 25% health ive also made and i appreciate it because i also often die because i dont look at the HP monitoring.

COmbo perks i wouldnt recommend because then you could also use the tree skill system and that is just not wanted as far as i heared it but i maybee wrong with this one altough i dont like them

The respawn visual would be nice (also for arcade) because there i also get sometimes instahit if on multiplayer if we enter a room.

Hidden rooms would be a nice feature.

Deudeu

Green Slime
Health bar:
When our health bar is low such as reaching 25% health left, then it will blink repeatedly or make a beep every 3 seconds. The blinking and the beep can be turned off in the option menu.

Combo perks:
So if you have 3 silver charge skills that can only do summoning, knockback, using the same element or even supporting others, then you will get a combo system that gives out a perk which helps you out more when using those 3 skills.

Say like for example you have Frosty Friend, Summon Plant, or Cloud Strike all at silver charge then you will get the summoner's combo system which could give a perk that can possible give a random summon a higher critical chance, chance for a 3 second attack boost for a fallen summon, slightly higher health when all 3 are alive, and much more.

More perks can be gained when all 3 skills are at a higher charge and from quests, while getting a extra perk slot would be gained from doing hard quests.

Enemy respawns:
Can there be a indicator showing when a enemy is going to spawn? Rather is it possible to not have enemies do a sneak attack as soon as they spawn as they're aren't visible enough to notice as they attack you.

Health potion:
I saw the topic about the abuse if a healing skill was in the game so I'm wondering if it's possible to have a health potion. There can be 2 kinds like the instant health potion would be like a life orb but it would heal less and have a 10 second cooldown before using any other potion, and the regeneration potion which slowly heal your health to a amount that is slightly less than a health orb but more than the instant health potion.

This would be very rare reward in arcade mode and will be hard to craft in story mode but it would help with our survival in case requiring health orbs from mobs at a certain place is a death sentence in your current condition.

Hidden rooms in arcade:
The arcade mode is fun and it's quite difficult which makes it even more fun but how about we add more content and introduce hidden rooms. When a normal room is finished, then a part of the room such a small tree or bush would shrink showing a slightly obvious tiny path showing where they are, in extremely rare cases getting S-rank in that room will open up a hidden room.

These hidden rooms would probably be harder, a chance to have something unique that normal rooms wouldn't have and if mobs are inside then the percentage of them being elites would be increase. This minor suggestion would make exploration in a arcade mode a bit more interesting.

I really like the health bar and the respawn idea.
The health potion is really a matter of opinion and there is a lot of topics about it but your idea seems the most legit imho
For the combo perks, maybe something like the D2 skill tree (When you level a skill, it add effect to others in the same branch) could be cool, but that's a lot of work for proper balancing :/
I like the idea on the hidden room, maybe add something like the chicken/boar quest, that would be nice (but not so much random tho, so maybe it like the puzzle, funny at 1st then plain "boring" when you know the trick)

Kris

Green Slime
For the Health Potions they had them ingame and removed them a time ago cause they were to OP and simply didnt fit into the game.

COmbo perks i wouldnt recommend because then you could also use the tree skill system and that is just not wanted as far as i heared it but i maybee wrong with this one altough i dont like them

Ah ok then, I could imagine how OP depending on how much they healed and ruined the difficulty. Hopefully we get a passive that slightly increases recovery from life orbs.

I really like the health bar and the respawn idea.
The health potion is really a matter of opinion and there is a lot of topics about it but your idea seems the most legit imho
For the combo perks, maybe something like the D2 skill tree (When you level a skill, it add effect to others in the same branch) could be cool, but that's a lot of work for proper balancing :/

For me, the life orb should give the highest partial healing in the game where as potions would give a lower heal. In most games, potions that healed a huge amount have ruined the generally gameplay where there was no risk and things got boring easily. I would completely understand if this game will never get a health potion.

And the combo perk idea I actually got from the D3 skill tree but D2 was cooler to me. It would take alot to work on either but it would be cool, as for balancing it would have to be a small increase in anything really.

ark626

As i said for skill trees i understood the statements of the devs so that they would like to let you freely chose what skills you combine and not giving any skill combos a unfair advantage to others.
Each combination plays its own advantages and disadvantages so you are free of classes and trees to chose what you like, and whats your own personal style to play.
But i might be wrong with this one. As far as i heared there will be some passives involving the HP

Rabby
All I can say is I feel like if a health potion was allowed in this game then you should be limited to holding to a max of 3, and it should only be based on health regeneration instead of burst hp because then you can't just whoop now I'm okay, you need to plan ahead and use it before you go in instead of in the middle to suddenly come out on top.