Highest DPS in current build!

dmbrandon

Green Slime
While I'm not sure 100% I have the best in slot in all situations (I doubt a spreadsheet is needed for beta lmao), this application of advanced canceling is by FAR the top DPS in the game currently.

Attack animation cancels for Piercing dash in the initial startup frames are key, since if you're quick, you can cancel the dash into a slash without it costing EP, with a full reset to attack chain timing. Meaning, you can triple (or more) your DPS!

Here's a video explanation!

Hope you guys like it :3

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Now that's impressive!

SPEEDRUNNING STRATS!!! (Sadly I know that Teddy is gonna nerf this.) :(

GarlicJelly

Yeah, I bet I can beat my PB on killing the Furious Giga Slime in the Arena. Current time is 15 seconds. :p

Own

I seriously reccomend never going to this person's stream. I followed the Pixel Ferrets twitter account to it to see this broken build everyone was talking about, asked some questions about the build and what effects potions had on it.

I was permabanned and they insulted me openly on stream for accidentally reading and typing his name wrong (Bmdrandon) while asking him about potions. Because apparently intentionally typing his name wrong is a hilarious in-joke in their stream and everyone who visits the channel is expected to know their in-jokes?

I've never seen a ruder bunch of people in the SoG community. But I guess it's a taste of what's to come when the Steam floodgates open. A seriously infuriating bunch of u-mad-bro level people.

Stick to the smaller streams where the streamers and their mods don't get giggles out of spiking your bloodpressure. :/

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Stick to the smaller streams where the streamers and their mods don't get giggles out of spiking your bloodpressure. :/

Seeing you two not getting along is super sad :(

Imagine the smoking pile of broken rubble this game would be if you two fused into Diemown - the game breaking master fiend!

Own

I just checked my twitch PMs.

Hey man, listen, if this is real, then we can unban, and it's NBD. But, you gotta see it from where I'm coming from. It's like, literally thousands of people in the past few months who join in on insults and shitty jokes, and we have to assume you're one of them. It's too risky not to, cause we let people slide and it builds and builds and eventually, they're posting my address and shit to people.

Didn't realize you were a new viewer. Normally, my Smite/FGC viewership just bleeds over. Sorry about that, homie! <3

Seems like it was just a big misunderstanding, then? :) Glad that's the case. I just wanted to see what a Damage Potion or Gale Potion would each do to that build. They're, what, +25% damage and +25% attack speed? Potions and pets are currently the best way to completely destroy any semblance of balance in SoG.

I kinda wish pets were capped at 10 levels each for the moment, if only to try and contain the broken nature of them. Because as it stands they get out of control veeery fast.

You farm for items, then you sell them for damage potions, which you feed to your pet. So you can farm for items quicker, and sell more of them to buy more damage potions, which you feed to your pet. To farm ALL the items to sell for ALL the gold and commit animal cruelty with infinite potion force feeding. :)

As much as I enjoy breaking the game, I do also like seeing the too easy to break places fixed, and pet levels are one of them. I think my Slime has 26 levels in +Damage and I haven't actually put too much time or effort into grinding gold for it.

Maybe further down the line you could buy things for your pets to increase their max levels, I dunno.

I don't know how you can solve the issue of +AtkSpeed either, other than to offer diminishing returns in it. So (random numbers incoming) 10 total AtkSpd is Normal, 20 total AtkSpd is x1.5, 30 total AtkSpd is x1.75, etc.

Do you guys have anything planned, Teddy?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Glad to see things worked out :D

(I'm actually trembling in my boots, but w/e)

The non-capped pets are actually pretty much a relic from the time... I think before Flying Fortress, even? In the "design document" the pets are supposed to cap out at level 10 (which was a number we totally pulled out of thin air at the time).

Then we thought "hey, maybe people can have some fun with infinite pet leveling if they want to grind their hearts out", and I simply didn't implement the cap!

Now, though, there's so much to do if you're a completionist or game-breaker enthusiast, that the pets should definitely be capped.

EDIT: To clarify, we didn't add the cap because the game had so little content, and no arcade mode, so we left the unlimited pet leveling in to add some semblance of a reward for hardcore grinders!

GarlicJelly

The non-capped pets are actually pretty much a relic from the time... I think before Flying Fortress, even? In the "design document" the pets are supposed to cap out at level 10 (which was a number we totally pulled out of thin air at the time).

Then we thought "hey, maybe people can have some fun with infinite pet leveling if they want to grind their hearts out", and I simply didn't implement the cap!

Now, though, there's so much to do if you're a completionist or game-breaker enthusiast, that the pets should definitely be capped.

EDIT: To clarify, we didn't add the cap because the game had so little content, and no arcade mode, so we left the unlimited pet leveling in to add some semblance of a reward for hardcore grinders!
The pet level cap only makes sense if you can buy your way to victory. I mean the pet system is pay to win right now so having a cap on how bad that can go out of hand seems like a good way to contain the problem but just removing the option to buy EXP for the pets will also contain the crazy pet levels. I mean nobody will spend enough time fishing to reach lvl 26 on their pet...

dmbrandon

Green Slime
Seems like it was just a big misunderstanding, then? :) Glad that's the case. I just wanted to see what a Damage Potion or Gale Potion would each do to that build. They're, what, +25% damage and +25% attack speed? Potions and pets are currently the best way to completely destroy any semblance of balance in SoG.

Maybe further down the line you could buy things for your pets to increase their max levels, I dunno.

I don't know how you can solve the issue of +AtkSpeed either, other than to offer diminishing returns in it. So (random numbers incoming) 10 total AtkSpd is Normal, 20 total AtkSpd is x1.5, 30 total AtkSpd is x1.75, etc.

Attack speed potion is irrelevant, since the tactic allows you to attack as fast as you can hit the button. The damage potion was helpful for HM winter for me. I did like 45% on the church phase to kill him. (That's the ice maze.)

@Teddy

Perhaps for pets, cap at 5-6 per stat? That way, the grind is pretty long, but you can still get some pretty sick stats out of it?

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Perhaps for pets, cap at 5-6 per stat?
Capping levels by stat will make players just max out all stats for pets. Making an overall cap will force to make specialized pets, like attack pet, defense pet or The Pet of Balance etc. For really sick stats and grinding, maybe some pet upgrades could take place, like item increasing level cap for a pet.

Reactions: Own

Yuuki

Boar
Capping levels by stat will make players just max out all stats for pets. Making an overall cap will force to make specialized pets, like attack pet, defense pet or The Pet of Balance etc. For really sick stats and grinding, maybe some pet upgrades could take place, like item increasing level cap for a pet.
or something like
Code:
if Player.level <= 10
{
Pet.levelcap==10
}
else
{
if Player.level <= 40
{
Pet.levelcap==Player.level
}
else

Pet.levelcap== 40  + ((Player.level-40) % 2)
}
}

or so

Last edited:

dmbrandon

Green Slime

What was I thinking? You're so right! WTF am I gonna do with magic, anyway. LOL

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
It remains to be seen exactly how the caps will end up working, but the pets will receive a very significant buff that's long overdue...

In the next patch, you'll finally be able to hide the damn things :D

Own

I'd prefer this, +10 in all pet stats would be pretty OP.

I know I'd dedicate one pet to attack speed, defense, etc.

dmbrandon

Green Slime
It remains to be seen exactly how the caps will end up working, but the pets will receive a very significant buff that's long overdue...

In the next patch, you'll finally be able to hide the damn things :D
If I had any effect on the game, I hope my constant bitching about that damn fucker getting in the way was help in this decision! XD!!!

Last edited:

Own

Just a heads up - your friend said that you're judged by your time on each floor. That only counts during active battles. You can chill in shops, cleared rooms, menus, etc as long as you want to. As a general rule, if nothing is trying to kill you, you can go at your own pace. :)

It's interesting to see that the glitch semi-works in Arcade, though. I wonder if it's viable all the way through floor 12 if you time it only during safe periods between enemy attacks. I guess I shouldn't dedicate any time to trying it out if it's about to be fixed, though.

Adajone

Green Slime
What I would have done is put the points into the frost or fire hit talent and then into the bonus to status talent

Last edited:

I think a cool way to fix the balance of pets is to cap their levels at the level that the user is. For example, at level 19 you can only level your pet to level 19, then maybe have a cap at 50 or something so things don't get too out of hand