Houseing thread

da_ninja_monkey

Green Slime
As no ne has done it yet this is a thread to discuss the houseing update.

1) its really cool, thanks allready.

2) I've found im having trouble placing carpets. they seem to only work when i press X not A (will file seperate bug report)

3) I'd really like to be able to rotate bookcases ect. Even if the contains isn't that clear, so that i can put them next to the wall without covering decorations on the back wall.

4)please add the proposed house building, i feel it would make the game better and more personal.

this only comes from a short time playing in the update, so not my final thoughts.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Sooo
There has been some discussion on the Discord Server and I'll post snippets related to your post here, so we hae gathered the information in one place.

2)
layout1.PNG
layout2.PNG

3)
bookshelf.PNG

4) This is just the first frontline update. Have a little patience xD

Endurance

Green Slime
I had trouble with removing the carpets too.. if they ever do decide to add a staircase for a 2nd floor i'd do more expanding.. great build tool though!

51VvWiF.jpg

9C9JPyn.jpg

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
I see the reshaping tool is kinda limited. You can't create a maze for example :chicken:

Would be nice to be able to select which room we edit. Right now you have to enter the room to edit it and it can be bothersome in big houses. (also, since character appears at the entrance when you close editing menu, choosing rooms would mean teleporting :chicken:)

Some issues I found:
-different light levels on rooms act weird: they change clipping depending on your position
q4d7Ktu.png
-when you set season floor and then change season, you can't then switch to normal floor, unless you disable seasons (didn't test if it can be reproduced)
-pressing Tab while floor/wall is selected in carpenter shop does weird sound (not sure if Tab should make any sound at all if something doesn't have variants)

This housing is a fun thing to try, too bad I should be doing something else right now :fish:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
-different light levels on rooms act weird: they change clipping depending on your position

I can't reproduce this! Do you have any reproduction steps? If not, could you upload the character save file where this happen so I can take a look at why?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Damn, it's one of those machine specific ones! I can't reproduce it even with the save file! I wonder if it's the graphics card approximating colors, making the shader mess up the discard pass.

@KoBeWi , I've uploaded a special build on the "Specops 1" branch on Steam, if you have the time to check it out! To access that branch, type in the password "thebloomorises" in the Steam beta tab.

When inside the game, type the following into the chat:

"/debug Kobewi"

This will change the darkness shader a bit. Hopefully this will make it work as is, and if not, you can hold F10 to view some debug information about the colors, which I might be interested in seeing (at least if the two color values differ from each other)!