[Housing][Gameplay] Bedbugs! Well, a bug involving beds...

andirigible

Green Slime
I have encountered a rather interesting bug in the housing beta involving the controller bindings and colorable furniture. As far as I have been able to determine, it occurs only with furniture that can be colorized, not with other furniture, and it only works when using the controller (I have tested with a keyboard and it is not possible to reproduce the bug).

There is already a bug report thread here about the controller bug that is probably linked to this bug.

Reproducing the bug:
  1. Using a controller, place a colorizable bed (the default bed will do) in any valid location.
    5de95XV.png
  2. Switch to the move tool and pick up the bed.
  3. Using A/B, place and unplace the bed to rotate it once (or twice).
  4. Move the bed to a valid location such that when A is pressed again, the rotation of the bed will cause it to now be in an invalid location.
    bzSR4xq.png
  5. Place the bed. It will now be sitting in an invalid location.
Notes:
  • It is impossible to select the bed again, even after moving other furniture out of the way.
  • The bed item does not return to the housing inventory upon placement in the invalid location.
  • When the room is cleared of furniture, the bed item does not return to the housing inventory, and the sprite remains in the room.
    kU2EhYO.png
  • The bed sprite appears on previews in the House save/load dialog.
    lrA52Po.png
  • Saving and reloading the house does not remove the sprite or return the item to the inventory.
  • Leaving the house or even leaving the city does not remove the sprite or return the item to the inventory.
  • Reloading the game save clears the sprite. (The bed item does not return to the housing inventory.)
  • After reloading, the bed sprite appears in the load preview, but loading the slot does not restore the bed sprite.
    zU8TXgR.png
  • I have tested and reproduced this bug with medium (i.e. rotate-able) colorizable tables.
    C4jSSlt.png