Housing items.

Own

Are housing items planned to be shared between Story and Arcade? Will they have their own unique sets of housing items, or will the same items be available seperately in both modes?

I ask because getting the Small Clock in Story doesn't give it to you in Arcade, but getting the Slime Beanbag in Arcade gives it to you in Story. So I assume this is how it works:

1. Housing items bought / found in Story Mode don't transfer to Arcade.
2. Housing items that can be bought / found in Story Mode are buyable in Arcade via essence...?
3. Housing items obtained via quests in Arcade transfer to Story.
4. Housing items obtained by quests in Story Mode...?

Also, are we only going to be able to decorate inside our homes, or will there perhaps be a park we can decorate in Arcade? Will we be able to build up a second floor or basement?

And here's a list of things I think would be nice home decorations:

- Cute, plushified versions of every enemy. (0.1% rare drop? Not counted as in their normal drop lists or counting towards completion %, just super rare cosmetic items for showing off in coop.)
- Animatronic versions of every enemy. Just set on their idle animation loop.
- Gray statue versions of every enemy.
- Golden statue versions of every enemy.
- Hat racks or mannequins to display rare hats on.
- Display boards to display rare items on.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
We haven't decided 100 % how to do with items you get from Story Mode, other than that they should be obtainable in Arcade Mode as well! It might depend a bit on how the dual currency idea work out.

If they are bought with whatever currency, another variant is to have them unlocked in the Arcade Mode carpentry store as you progress through the mode (so the Hello Pumpkins achievement would unlock the purchasable Pumpkin Woods stuff). This would be for the items that can be bought in Story Mode.

As for unique items found in Story Mode, perhaps it's best if they work the same as the Arcade Mode rewards! That is, they are placed in your Arcade Mode inventory automatically.

I like the plushie idea!

Own

If they are bought with whatever currency, another variant is to have them unlocked in the Arcade Mode carpentry store as you progress through the mode (so the Hello Pumpkins achievement would unlock the purchasable Pumpkin Woods stuff). This would be for the items that can be bought in Story Mode.

I like that idea. :) Though maybe it should be 'Reach (Area) # times' in Arcade , or it adds more and more of the Story Mode items the more times you reach that area. Since Arcade is a lot shorter than Story.

I like the plushie idea!

Additional thoughts on it: Maybe monster plushies shouldn't be character-specific, but player-specific? Meaning you have a 0.1% chance of getting the plushie on any save file, or in Arcade, and it adds it to the player universally. No need to grind for them on any character, since you'll naturally get them eventually just by replaying the game or playing arcade.

Alternatively, they could drop as (Slime/Rabby/Bee/Etc) Tokens and you can exchange them for house plushies to the girl in Evergrind. :D I've been curious what her purpose is supposed to be.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Though maybe it should be 'Reach (Area) # times' in Arcade , or it adds more and more of the Story Mode items the more times you reach that area.
It could also be to reach the end of a given stage. So getting to floor 3 means you've successfully beaten both floor 1 and 2, unlocking all the Pillar Mountains items.