Humble bundle version no updated (0.650)

jresine

Green Slime
Hello, why the download version of the humble bundle is not up to date?

I do not like steam and I do not want to use it. I bought this game off steam so do not use it, unfortunately the game is no longer updated on the humble bundle ...

The last version of the humble bundle is 0.650 and it was last updated on 2016/07/04 ... The last version of steam is 0.675a ... Where is this update on the bundle?

So I had to buy secret of grindea as there was no steam required :(

Thanks tou for your help.

Own

Where does the humble version currently end? Mt. Bloom?

If so, that's where the Standard game ends. Frontline (the beta-testing version with Tai Ming) is an opt-in beta branch only accessable through Steam.

Silverhawk85

Green Slime
Where does the humble version currently end? Mt. Bloom?

If so, that's where the Standard game ends. Frontline (the beta-testing version with Tai Ming) is an opt-in beta branch only accessable through Steam.

But according the FAQ about every 3 moths an update for the DRM-free version should come. As you can see on HumbleBundle the version is from July 2016. Now we have nearly the end of march 2017. You can call every beta update a frontline update if you like because nothing in a beta is really stable or finished. That's why it's called a beta. ;)

And like I can read here in the Patch Notes, there have been significant changes since the humble version was last updated. It's not only about where the game ends. It's also about all bugfixes, new content (for example completed worldmap) and so on.

Last edited:

Own

You can call every beta update a frontline update if you like because nothing in a beta is really stable or finished. That's why it's called a beta.

For an area to come to Stable, it has to be complete. All enemies, all bosses, all sound effects tested extensively.

Tai Ming is only 2/3 of the way finished and is missing a fair number of sound effects. The final third is added in when all missing assets are put in, and have been bugtested, then it gets added to Stable.