I got to the new winter area in arcade mode! Yay...

Own

So, for laughs I decided to try out one run with my Shadow Assassin build, the gimmick build I suggested earlier.

Turns out it was pretty great. It was a huge time investmentand there were some close calls, but I managed to get to winter. The music is pretty nice.

I busted up the first floor pretty good, got to the boss and - oh, hello. You're not the Toy Factory, Hydra or Fairies. Who are you?

I kited them around the room for a bit, trying to get a feel of what they could do. I didn't feel too worried, I had ridiculously good armor on. Green Slime Vest, Pecko Boots, even a crown. So I decided to stop just long enough to take a swing at the the yeti.

The miniboss then unleashes a machinegun barrage of snowballs at me. I didn't even have a chance to react. Each one did 44 damage and I couldn't move out of the stream quickly enough. Hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, dead.

It's incredibly demoralizing to get that far and die to a ridiculous rapid burst of damage you couldn't have seen coming. :p I think the damage on those snowballs needs to be toned down a little bit, or the speed, or... something.

lICUK9E.png

Own

Round two, got back there, decided to try my hand again. I managed to dodge most of the pair's attacks well enough for a while, sneaking in hits wherever I could manage.

But then the machinegun fire started up. I was ready for it, immediately started running and two still managed to peg me. I don't think I can outwalk them. If I shielded the yeti would have gotten to me, or I don't doubt it would have broken my shield like it was glass.

The next time he did the machinegun fire, it was at the very bottom of the screen. I couldn't go under him. I had nowhere to go. Hithithithit dead.

Own

Two more attempts, winter reached two more times successfully, two more snowball machinegun deaths. 4 out of 4 of my past runs have gotten me to winter without fail, even the run where it didn't even give me a shield better than Wooden.

I think I found the perfect arcade build. :D

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
I tried your build and was brutally murdered by the Zoo (Boar particularly). Well, Arcade Mode isn't something for me so I went on Cheat Engine run (there should be F rank for over 2000 damage).

I have a tip for Frostling boss. I noticed that the biggest problem is that the stream is too long and trying to avoid it, you are getting cornered and die. BUT, there's a way to decrease the range of his attack. You can raise your shield, which will halve your speed, but it still will be sufficient to avoid the attack. Moving with lower speed will make the stream cover less area thus making it possible to avoid being cornered. Hope it helps you somehow.

Own

Did you read how to deal with boars in my other thread? They're ridiculously easy to manipulate. You just walk next to them and let them bash at thin air, it gives them plenty of downtime. But to be honest, I unload arrows at zoo too.

Also, bah. :p I want legitimate competition for beating Winter. Ya'll cheat engine users take the fun out of it!