Impressions and suggested fixes after playing the entire Beta

BarXD

Green Slime
Well first of all I would like to start off by saying that the game looks great. I'm a big fan of RPG's and the classic look is really appealing to me. The game was straightforward and felt very natural. I really enjoyed the fact that the controls, when using a controller instead of the keyboard, were very smooth and it really worked like a charm.

That being said I came across some things that could maybe use a little tweaking.

When playing with a controller and looking in the menu at the monster cards on the left side it reads "To inspect the selected enemy, press X" while on the controller it would be A (not a dealbreaker or anything just something that stood out to me)

The next thing that kind of bugged me is the fact that I cannot redo the bosses (In my own storyline i'm not sure if it is possible in the multiplayer but if it is just skip this comment). I'm a big fan of collecting and to be honest I'm kind of a grinder aswell so the leveling and looking for items is a thing that really stands out to me, however I am now at a point where I would like to craft an item that would give me a attack boost of 70 but i cannot craft said item because the drop I'm missing is the drop recieved from GUN-D4M and there is no way of getting this item once the boss is defeated (at least not in single player story mode).

This also brings me to my next point which is that I'm always aiming for 100% completion rate on games I really enjoy (and even though its just a Beta now, I really enjoy this game) however the fact that the bosses cannot be replayed (or maybe encountered in the arena as special bosses) means that any loot I didn't get from them is going to remain an unidentified item in the monster listing.

Other than that I have not yet found any other problems that bothered me. I hope this post can be usefull for the further development of the game and I look forward to seeing more content come out!

P.s. I see people talking about taming a Jumpkin, I have not gotten any more pet taming food so how exactly do I capture the Jumpkin?

Last edited:

Alchymist

Green Slime
You get some candy (Candy Cane) from a certain witch in the woods that lets you tame a Jumpkin after you have tamed the first 2 pets.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Thank you for your comments! :D

We're actually working on a "Memory Room" in the Collector's HQ where you'll be able to re-challenge bosses. Once we've patched away some more bugs it will be the next thing we add to the frontline version of the beta!

As for the journal problem, I've added it to our fixlist, thanks for letting us know!

Aurophobia

Halloweed
This also brings me to my next point which is that I'm always aiming for 100% completion rate on games I really enjoy (and even though its just a Beta now, I really enjoy this game) however the fact that the bosses cannot be replayed (or maybe encountered in the arena as special bosses) means that any loot I didn't get from them is going to remain an unidentified item in the monster listing.

Good thing you can get over 100% completion rate then.