Just "attempted" To play the demo

Zelow

Green Slime
Hello, I just attempted to play the demo and I was "sadly" not even able to get past the options screen. I must admit I am VERY intrigued to play this game. In fact I have been waiting for something like this for a long time, but sadly not able to get any of my Xbox360, Ps3, Ubs SNS, Usb N64, or any other of my generic controllers to work for this game. Based on the demo itself I was gonna decide on which pre-purchase package I felt was worthy. That being said I really think this game needs some form of 8 button (A+B+X+Y+Start+Select+L+R) support. This is an 8-bit style game and what I feel is personally mandatory is an 8-bit style controller compatibility. When I attempted to input anything in for the new shortcut buttons on the options menu it did nothing (and yes I know the controller works fine, I tested it before and after attempting the demo using another game). I have also read other topics of people saying there is not enough buttons on an 8 button controller (not including the D-pad). I really hope this is not the issue as it WILL be a make or break feature for me. I hope to get some feed back as to why I am experiencing this issue. I realize it may just be the demo, but in the case it IS the demo seeing a more up to date one would be greatly appreciated. As what is the point of a demo, if I cannot demo the game right?

Please. any feed back would be much appreciated.

Keith.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
XBox 360 controllers should work right out of the box. Generic or PS3-controllers only work if they are emulating XInput devices (see this thread: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/play-with-a-gamepad-joytokey-other-tools.143/)

The demo has full controller support, just like the regular game.

We aim to add support for more generic controllers before release, with rebindable keys etc, but for now we're prioritizing content! 8 buttons will most likely be enough to play the game. That's what's being used right now!