Lantern Jack Shawl still too rare

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I have farmed at least for 5 hours and in that time i gained:
- all 5 cards in the cursed woods.
- 9 scarecrow scarfs
- 12 Pumpkin Masks
- 53,000 Gold
- 3 Levels from 14 to 17 (try leveling to 17 in the Pumpkin Woods, takes forever!)

I got it. But this is far too rare for the stats it has.
And what bugge me the most is that I killed at least 20 maybe even 40 of the Lantern Jack Elites and they only dropped coins and lanterns.
That was pretty frustrating.

Edit: +15MATK is unique and pretty nice for body armor, but putting someone through this, just to be a powerful mage?

Edit2:
http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/lantern-jack-third-item.747/
and
GoodStuff said:
Keep killing them! It took me 9 hours of farming to get the Scarf from the Lantern Jacks so.... Farming is required!

Last edited:

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Am i missing something?
As soon as you can fight Giga Slime in the HQ again, you can get the Slime Armor which has 15 Defense more.
Brawler Plate --> +10DEF & +7ASPD
Slime Armor --> +25DEF +4ASPD

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Am i missing something?
As soon as you can fight Giga Slime in the HQ again, you can get the Slime Armor which has 15 Defense more.
Brawler Plate --> +10DEF & +7ASPD
Slime Armor --> +25DEF +4ASPD
I don't value DEF that high. With the latest boss (Winter) I found a tiny bit of use for the DEF stat but most of the time I would rather go for damage than defence since killing an enemy before he can hit me is way better than getting hit for less.

Kaiszer

Green Slime
I wonder if it's bugged from the latest version? 14 Red Scarf, 14 Pumpkin Mask, over 80k money and almost lvl 18, and I still couldn't drop the third one from Lantern Jack. Otherwise, the most awful drop rate I ever saw.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I wonder if it's bugged from the latest version? 14 Red Scarf, 14 Pumpkin Mask, over 80k money and almost lvl 18, and I still couldn't drop the third one from Lantern Jack. Otherwise, the most awful drop rate I ever saw.
The Shawl is not bugged as far as I know. I also had a very hard time finding one the first time I played the game. I think I spent over 5 hours farming it. :p

Kaiszer

Green Slime
The Shawl is not bugged as far as I know. I also had a very hard time finding one the first time I played the game. I think I spent over 5 hours farming it. :p

I've spent 7 hours farming Lantern Jack, then I stopped, had lunch, gone to Flying Island/Temple, cleared it, got every loot, including from bosses and every cards(including Pecko's) within 2 hours. Gone back to kill some more Lantern Jack for another hour and got nothing. So, if it's not bugged, that's definitely not normal.

I'm having a harder time getting the slime hat than I did with the Shawl hahaha I was collecting items to craft and poof i got it within half an hour. :D Slime hat I haven't gotten after roughly 5ish hours of accumulated slime murder xD

Last edited:

Kaiszer

Green Slime
I'm having a harder time getting the slime hat than I did with the Shawl hahaha I was collecting items to craft and poof i got it within half an hour. :D Slime hat I haven't gotten after roughly 5ish hours of accumulated slime murder xD

27 Pumpkin Masks, 23 Red Scarves, over 110k money and nothing. Almost 10 hours of farming. It's becoming really frustrating... I'm starting to think they mistyped 0.01% with 0.001%, really... PS: If I don't post here anymore, consider that as I still didn't get it.

EDIT: OH, GOD! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!!! 12 hours, mate... 12 HOURS!

Last edited: