Lore

subaru313

Rabby
I was just about to post this

upload_2016-3-22_14-43-30.png

in the spelling mistakes thread, cause I was sure it should say 'Find out more'.
But then I looked 'lore' up in the dictionary (I'm no native speaker LOL) and it says
'lore' - knowledge and information related to a particular subject, especially when this is not written down; the stories and traditions of a particular group of people; traditional wisdom

sooo-
it actually is correct?
If it is indeed a spellimg mistake, it would be a funny coincedence that it makes sense :p

I think it isn't but I'm not 100% sure. It feels off, somehow.
So I'd like one of you natives out there to tell me you actually use that word in this context :D

res7less

Jumpkin
Yes, lore usually refers in games to "background story" and similar. So in this context it means something like finding out interesting facts about each enemy.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I think the thing that sounds wrong is the "Find out" part. It just doesn't seem to fit together well. Although it is a grammatically correct sentence... I'd love to give a better example, but I'm never the best with words :(

res7less

Jumpkin
How about simply "Check out the lore"?

Edit: Looks like the sentence continues with "check" already, so maybe just switch that. "Check out the lore about each enemy and find out if there's blah blah"

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Aha! Thanks for that, and "Find out the lore of each enemy" seems to work a lot better. It was the "about" part which sounded odd.