Mana/EP regeneration

wffej87

Green Slime
Ok so, currently mana or EP is regenerated by base amount on items, but you can feed your pet to get more EP... but theres really no point cause it still regens at a flat rate
Why not set EP regen by % instead? and add % regen on items to make the joy of farming and increase your EP actually worth the effort, i know as a mage or caster type player id love to have better regen based on how much EP i actually have compared to the crappy base numbers currently in the game.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
You have to wait the same amount for 100Ep to replenish but:
- when you hzave 100 EP and 2 summons, then you can't really use any other skills, especially when they both are gold charged
- same situation with 200 EP but you can have the summons and use the rest of your abilities normally because you have 100 EP left (or so)

(and if I remember correctly the Phaseman boots give higher EP regeneration)

wffej87

Green Slime
You can still use skills, all u need to do is wait for the EP regen, which is only a few seconds for max after 2 summons.
The problem is its base number regen, instead of %, it doesnt warrant any reason to invest in +EP on a pet. for someone who wants to build full caster % based EP regen would give valid reason to invest in +EP because more max EP = faster regen.
I've tested the boots, and without the boots, it doesnt make much of a difference. regardless of how much EP u have u still regen the same amount, shouldnt be like that, should regen faster for the more EP u have.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
When you have 100 EP and summon a "frosty friend" at gold charge and a cloud at silver charge, you are left with 15 Ep

Summons limit the Max Ep you have. Try using your skills to the fullest with 15 EP

When you play with summons then you need higher EP to use other skills too

This said, I don't think you're wrong, but think the number of EP should not influence the EP regen. I want that to be individual stats. I want to have (like the boots (wich i just checked and seem to do nothing!!)) items that raise EP regen so you can plan your tactics around that.
Reason: If you just would invest in higher EP, you would regen so fast you could spam every attack without tactic.
The slow regen is part of the balancing.

wffej87

Green Slime
Then i hope that the end product has a variety of specific items available for those who want lots of EP regen to focus on skill spam builds such as full magic users.
As it is at the moment it kinda neglects the "Grindea" part entirely because theres no point in grinding the fish or anything needed to increase +EP on pets by very much at all. I assume pet level is unlimited? If so you'll have people such as myself that will literally sit and spam farm for hours to get the things or stats they desire.
That being said, spam farming currently is kinda limited, perhaps an area or arena or something where there are much higher amounts of mob spawns or something - Or even within the game itself, maybe more spawns depending on game difficulty. currently it feels super easy to just face roll the entire game, i finished the current set of the game in less than 5 hours, and that is with grinding included.

Loving it so far though, it can only get better!

Own

You can get some pretty insane EP Regen with Phaseman Boots and the Blue mage robe from the Grindea store.

+45 overall Energy Regen from those alone.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
If I'm not wrong, it might be that those do nothing.
If have not done accurate tests, but some short tests later and it seems that they don't change a thing.

Own

... wait. I've been using Phaseman boots all this time for nothing?

Haha, wow. I guess the feeling that my EP was recharging quicker was a placebo effect.

wffej87

Green Slime
I took them on and off a few times to test it and didnt notice a bit of difference, i assumed the flat numbers were just adding into the game differently which is why i made this suggestion, good to know they are just busted... lol, maybe when they get fixed it will work out better for my builds

HexZyle

Boar
Increasing EP increases the threshhold for Mana Burn by 1 point, every 2 points that you have of it. It's especially difficult to fully utilize Mana Burn even with just one gold summon, since by the time you have enough energy to cast a gold spell, you're already over the threshhold.

Also, the ability to burst-spell a room with a full tank of mana, and nothing left remaining allowing you to recharge is worth increasing EP in my books.

Ferret

Green Slime
For me, its not only the regen issue, but mages feel underpowered as hell for now, i really wanted to make mage but it feels not eficient at all...

We need a larger mana pool for sure, theres plenty of useless passives, also they could add items that gives bonus towards pets and balance stuff better, if you choose to be mage you have to either go with matack or ep which sucks, youre a freaking mage why ep doesnt increase with leve or at least make better passives, 5 points for 15 extra ep is dumb...

Also most spells seens too weak because : 1 well we dont have enough ep to use them (mainly if we have 2 summons up)
2 the charging effect gets cancelled if you get hit, we could get a item that prevents that...
3 some spells are just not worth at all, meteor for example, even with gold charge it feels horrible, the damage sucks it costs way too much ep, that goes the same for most spells i tested so far, the only ones i feel its good and still kind sucks because of low ep pool is Cloud gold charge + earth seed spitter summons, but those are annoying because you have to charge constantly...

I wish later on instead of just leveling random skills you can actually choose a class and your stats increase as you level up based on your class, that way we could make mages getting large ep pools while 1 handers get more hp, and w/e

Also a big problem for me is the cost for reseting stuff, i like to try all kinds of skills but the cost is way too high, should just make it free instead, i dont really see why have expensive reset costs... ive played the game for bout 20 hours and spent over 500k gold respecing, and farming stuff to sell just so i can respec isnt as cool as it looks to be(ikr?)

Not only adding %ep regen would be great, but also making other ways to get Max EP without sacrificing 90+Matack(acessories + hat alone = 50 EP x 90 Matack) if we choose the ep path ours skills just wont kill stuff at all... so yeah

I also read the post about final skills or something and most of Own`s recomendations of skills and spell looks awesome, im not as creative when it comes to that, id just like better and efficient ways of building a true mage build

Edit: ignore the respec part, im retarded

Last edited:

Own

For me, its not only the regen issue, but mages feel underpowered as hell for now, i really wanted to make mage but it feels not eficient at all...

That'll change when the devs go back over the Talents system to add new ones. They seem open to adding new Mage talents that aren't based around being a battlemage/combomage. :D

3 some spells are just not worth at all, meteor for example, even with gold charge it feels horrible, the damage sucks it costs way too much ep

Meteor just isn't always accurate, it's the easiest spell to screw up and it doesn't have enough of a benefit to contrast that. If I could fix it, I'd have it so that if you hover over an enemy for # milliseconds or 1 second it locked onto that enemy and guaranteed a strike. Seems fair, considering you have to stand still.

Also a big problem for me is the cost for reseting stuff, i like to try all kinds of skills but the cost is way too high, should just make it free instead, i dont really see why have expensive reset costs... ive played the game for bout 20 hours and spent over 500k gold respecing, and farming stuff to sell just so i can respec isnt as cool as it looks to be(ikr?)

Arcade is for trying all the skills. Story Mode is for building up a character. People should go into Arcade and try all sorts of wacky builds like I do. :) Otherwise you'd have people in Story constantly respeccing until they figured out that Shadowclone + combo talents are pretty strong with little strategy or style.