Meta builds / Viable Builds

Thalldor

Green Slime
Thread Status: Unsolved
(Thread status will be changed when I'm satisfied)

Please note: I am looking for responses from people who have either played hard mode or plays arcade mode regularly, thank you.

So, last night I had quite a blast getting to the gum dum in arcade mode for my first day and all that fun stuff and learning a new build from a friend which is quite viable but I was thinking what other builds that people in the meta or simply people that know what they are doing use.

I do not mind how difficult the build is to pull off I am simply curious regarding this and it may cause me to use a new build.

Those who post for arcade mode if you could give a description of it or what ever and if you're willing could you please put the build in a list or something so if I (Or anyone that might come across this thread) is interested in that build we can use it.

Thank you all for your time.

-GreenSlime

Thalldor

Green Slime
There's a couple other arcade guides around, all you need to do is use the search bar in the top right. Alternatively, there are a few here: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/guides-index.5810/#post-16978

Out of curiosity, what build was it that managed to get you to GUN-D4M in an evening?

Trained with a person all last night, we should have destroyed it but made a slight flaw ending it at 0:05 seconds... -./ I decided to go to be after that, but I can consistently get past the evil woods while soloing now though and getting to gun'dum in solo as well after training last night.

Also, I'm simply wondering what build you usually use, not really looking for guides but I think I'll look at it.

The build I used will be noted later, I don't have it on this computer so I must apologies

tkld178

Rabby
We were playing together and using the build I came up with. A earth spike, flamethrower, and frosty friend build with extra damage and energy.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime

Thalldor

Green Slime
We were playing together and using the build I came up with. A earth spike, flamethrower, and frosty friend build with extra damage and energy.

That is true, thank you.

This is the build I use, and there's a guide I've written for it as well: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/arcade-survival-guide-the-battletank.6018/

It's a combination that allows me to have both high ATK and high DEF, which fits my playstyle, allowing me to take the game casually and not be too serious about smashing out a new highscore. Having said that, I'm 31st on the current leaderboards, just out of being able to complete the mode :p

Ah, that is very interesting. I think we can get fairly far in coop mode if we all work together, granted I'm still fairly new but from what I know getting where I am on arcade is an accomplishment. I might test your build out some time as well and see if I am fond of it.

Although with that said I might need to record some videos today so I can't say how long I'll be around. At this rate I might even record this game.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It's an adaptable build, allowing you basically any 1H skills you choose, which is the glory of it. Sadly, it's only 1H, as 2H makes it harder due to not being able to hit as fast/often.

Thalldor

Green Slime
It's an adaptable build, allowing you basically any 1H skills you choose, which is the glory of it. Sadly, it's only 1H, as 2H makes it harder due to not being able to hit as fast/often.

Aye, I understand that. I think I'll still look at the build either way as it does seem quite interesting.

Ardeof

Rabby
Builds:

WhirlSlash and Heroic Slam, priority being Heroic Slam.

Flamethrower and Frosty Friend. OP combination, one of the popular builds in Arcade Mode. Priority is either silver flamethrower, or silver Frosty Friend.

I use Frosty Friend and Ice Spikes, mainly because I like the crowd control and the gold charge FF does enough.

There's also some kind of combination of 1 handed Piercing Dash and Spirit Slash. Piercing dash has a good AD ratio, and spirit slash is solid as well.

Auto attack builds are gimmicky at best.

Thalldor

Green Slime
Builds:

WhirlSlash and Heroic Slam, priority being Heroic Slam.

Flamethrower and Frosty Friend. OP combination, one of the popular builds in Arcade Mode. Priority is either silver flamethrower, or silver Frosty Friend.

I use Frosty Friend and Ice Spikes, mainly because I like the crowd control and the gold charge FF does enough.

There's also some kind of combination of 1 handed Piercing Dash and Spirit Slash. Piercing dash has a good AD ratio, and spirit slash is solid as well.

Auto attack builds are gimmicky at best.

Simply curious, how far has this build got you in Arcade mode?

Aye, I use a similar build as you have which I obtained from a rank 4 player using (Putting gold into flame) give frosty 5 points and as well with earthspike. This is used for arcade mode. (Can't obtain gold charge in arcade else gold would go into frosty since gold charging is difficult to pull off safely in general)

If anyone else wants to talk about their build or have anything to add here please feel free to.

Ardeof

Rabby
Simply curious, how far has this build got you in Arcade mode?.

Flamethrower and Frosty Friend are pretty much the easiest way to top the scoreboards. Otherwise it'll take a long time of lots of RNG and dodging/luck to manage to get a decent score. Flamethrower is a consistent 600k+ score, and if you know a bit about the monsters/bosses it's pretty much a guaranteed 1m+ score each time.

The other ability combinations are more meant for Story Mode.

tkld178

Rabby
I'd say flamethrower is the best boss killer for mages but it's too unreliable on normal enemies. Especially when you want to keep your distance so things can't catch you off-guard.

Ardeof

Rabby
I'd say flamethrower is the best boss killer for mages but it's too unreliable on normal enemies. Especially when you want to keep your distance so things can't catch you off-guard.

The one drawback of Flamethrower is the lack of range and having a longer casting time. Something like fireball would be an easy replacement, as most bosses move around the screen and become untargetable.

Edit: Flamethrower is also mainly an early game spell. Its third charge does pretty much nothing so far. Unlike most of the other spells, which have increased damage and whatnot.

tkld178

Rabby
Well flamethrower's damage does not increase significantly with charges. Bronze is a little bit more time and a bit more damage, silver adds more time and allows you to move while casting it and gold allows you to go as long as your energy holds out. The charges typically aren't worth the time it takes to charge. You level up the skill because it increases the time it is up and also damage. Flamethrower is great because the energy is taken at the start and you can build up lost energy as you use the skill. You want a different skill for ranged but for most bosses they will have time where flamethrower is going to be useful. Getting in a few hits with other ranged skills might be a key to certain boss fights but you won't get better damage than flamethrower most cases and will typically take less energy.