Miniboss Request: Greed the Mimic, using mostly in-game assets.

Own

You know, when I see coins, my first instinct is to gather them up.

A health orb, to collect it.

The card launching and sound effect? Excitement.

I want something that turns these reactions against me in cruel ways. :D

Greed the Mimic

A chest mimic that activates upon attempting to be opened, with a fair number of deceptive attacks.

Attack #1: Coin Belch. Spews a wave of gold and blue coins across the battlefield until it hits a wall. Getting too near coins causes them to gravitate towards you to auto-pickup, same as normal coins. Instead of adding to your gold, they subtract from your HP what they would have given in currency. Coins fade from ground in time. Getting caught in the belch wave is akin to being caught in Jumpkin King's batswarm.

Attack #2: Plague Orbs. Red health orbs occasionally drip down from the ceiling, or are spat around the battlefield. Touching one deals damage equal to what a normal health orb would add. Given orbs are difficult to pick up by accident, these would probably persist to the end of battle, or until picked up. Move lightly.

Attack #3: Apothescary. Launches three random potions across the battlefield at one player in rapid succession. If it hits they take damage, if they're caught in the poof of smoke that surrounds the impact point they're debuffed for a time. Damage Potion: Heavily reduces ATK and MATK. Gale Potion: Heavily reduces ATK and Cast Speed. Defense Potion: Armor = 0. Energy Potion: Energy doesn't regen naturally. Health Potion: Deals damage on what a health potion would heal. Can be shielded to negate damage, but you're in the thick of the smoke. Perfect guard to launch it back at the boss and damage/debuff it.

Attack #4: Sabotuer Card. Every 25% HP lost Green the Mimic has a card launch over it's head, one for each person playing though players only see the card meant for them. It launches towards players like normal cards do - only it pops up the announcement [Card Album INFILTRATED!] [Take # damage, +10% per card obtained.] A nasty hit to anyone who has been 100% collecting. Can be shielded, or perfect guarded to launch back at the mimic.

Attack #5: Bait'n'Bite. Dealing damage to the mimic has small chance of knocking what looks like glowing, legendary loot outside of it. Marino's rapier, Ivy's collections, etc. Touching them creates a tether between you and the mimic, gradually reeling you in towards it.

Multiplayer-only Attack: Collected. Mimic attempts to suck in a nearby player inside of it, at which point it gradually drains their life until % damage has been done to the Mimic to free them.

I'd enjoy it, though even with a lot of reused graphics I dunno if something like this could be easily added. :p