more customization for pets

firemane811

Green Slime
First of all, I gotta give the Pixel Ferrets some credit for atleast letting us choose between the different colors for now.
Secondly tho, I felt like there was too little pet customization in this game - maybe that's something only I'm looking for, but here are some suggestions.

#1 - more colors/styles (instead of it being just a recolor, you could make it a little more interesting by combinding colors in certain styles (dots, stripes, etc)
#2 - pets growing with levels
#3 - pet cosmetics similar to how there are 2 'style' slots for your own toon (these might even add stats)

(suggestion #1 and #3 could be implemented as a new petshop, as quest rewards or even crafting recipies)

Maybe you guys can post whether you also would be interested in making pets more unique and any ideas for that!

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
#2 - pets growing with levels
#3 - pet cosmetics similar to how there are 2 'style' slots for your own toon (these might even add stats)

This will propably come some day. Right now the number of pets and their designs aren't written in stone, but 10 different pets are a guess that the devs made about the variety. I can imagine that there might be more styles too. I like the idea of stripes or spots.

Do you mean growing by getting bigger? I have a pet at level 32 and once had a level 400. I can see that the size would be getting out of hand here.
I think that growing is size is something:
1. That seems impractical.
2. Is annoying in battle as it would take even more space on the battlefield.
3. That you can't convince the Devs/Fred to do as this would need much animation work for each pet and size.

This is highly unlikely and mainly because of reasons 2 and 3.
Screenspace and animation time.

But i like the idea to have a item slot for the pet. Although cosmetic changes are unlikely, some cool special effects that you can give with items is very interesting.

(Why firemane811 and not Killua or something like that?)