More non-screenshot treasuremaps?

Own

This is my favorite treasure map, because it relies looking at the game from a different perspective and seeing what lines up to find the treasure.

EIJ0KLK.png

Screenshots seem a little too easy by comparison, a bit on the nose. I was wondering if maybe some of the next ones could be done in different simplistic doodled styles like the one above, giving them a more unique appearance? Like, you could doodle one treasure map from the perspective of a fae on the ground in Winter, with things appearing much larger than they are. One a more vague hint like one of the two below, but not done as horribly MS Paint-y as I've done. :p

XWyNCLc.png

The top one is done in a grid with trees marked off, the bottom one requiring fishing knowledge of the only place in the game where Penguins are in any context - the Penguishes. I'd love if there were many, many more doodled / perspective-shifted maps. :D

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
As I mentioned in a reply to a similar comment on the blog, we're aiming to have an equal number of the three different types of maps (screenshot-maps, sketch-maps and written-hint-"maps"), and each of them will have various grades of difficulty!

I've already scheduled a post with a bunch of sketch-maps for next week, though they are very easy in difficulty as well (I made all of these maps while i had little to no sleep thanks to a toothache and just wanted something easy and braindead to do). I promise we'll make a lot more tricky ones in the future, though :)