More Ranged Enemies

How do you prefer regular (non-boss) combat?

• Slower and strategic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Run up and mash 'attack'

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Keep a safe distance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fast-paced and varied

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Focused on positioning and mobility

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most enemies are melee or close ranged only. Due to this, they can be easily dispatched at range, and ranged attacks are weaker than they could be. I think the game could be more fun if we had stronger ranged attacks for players and more enemies with ranged attacks.

Enemies do not need to be exclusively ranged, but could have a ranged alternative, attacking the player with a ranged attack until approached. With a bit of balance too enemies attacks and the players' ranged attacks, it could diversify combat to make the experience more enjoyable.

With more projectiles from enemies, we'll need a way to deal with them. Blocking with a shield is fine sometimes, but can start to slow combat at high volumes. Many ranged enemy attacks should be able to be avoided with a simple dodge, or perhaps by attacking/deflecting the projectile. Throughout all combat changes, we need to remember what we like to do. I prefer to keep the combat quick and varied, but perhaps most of us don't like that. I'll set up a poll for people to vote.

Note: I just post what comes to my mind. I need the community's help to really analyze how good this is.