Multiplayer crash after 3 seconds

rurukawaii

Green Slime
So my boyfriend opened his ports and I joined his server so we could play together, and it worked the first time. But after that time, when I join the server like for 3 seconds, the game closes itself.

No crash, no error message, nothing, it just closes after 3 seconds, exactly 3 seconds and maybe sometimes more seconds.

I have no idea what's wrong, please any kind of help would be awesome, thank you.

rurukawaii

Green Slime
Please I need to know if someone is investigating this! This is the only problem I have and I can't do anything, I can't play online anymore!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Are you connecting via IP or through the Steam friend list?

What version of the game are you both playing?

Can you see any errors for the game in the Event Viewer? You can open it up by bringing up the Windows start menu and typing eventvwr. Then go into Windows Logs->Application and look for errors related to Secrets of Grindea! The .NET Runtime errors are most useful.

rurukawaii

Green Slime
via IP.
Version 0.719.a both of us.

And there isn't any error in the Event Viewer about it, so... that's all I can really tell you :/

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
If you start a new game, does it still crash after three seconds? Is the ~3 second crash happening in Evergrind City?

rurukawaii

Green Slime
Um I'm not sure what you mean by new game, a new server with new characters? Or do you want me to use a different character? I'm the one that crashes, he doesn't crash.

Also yes, the first city (not the one you begin at), and yes, it still crashes if I use a different/new character, there's no way I can play multiplayer anymore, and I don't know why, it happens since we completed the arena with the slime boss, then the game saved automatically I guess and since that, I can't play because the crash happens. That's all we really do :/

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hmm... you're using IP, and it seems like you're describing a bug that is already fixed in the live version. Are you playing a pirated copy?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Steam should auto update the game for you, so if you aren't using Steam I highly recommend it (it's also easier to connect to people via Steam)!

If Steam isn't updating your game, something is wrong with the Steam Client, and in that case you might want to turn to Steam for support!

Jenkolegs

Rabby
Something like that happened to me, i think it's fixed. My reason was because of that person shooting an arrow in the training place which did a thing the game didn't like.

Dunno why.

If it keeps happening try to drop-in outside of the city, worked for me.