My First Fan Art! Yay! ^-^

Rate out of 1 to 10, 1 being "UTTER POOP", 10 being "UTTER BRILLIANCE"?

Votes: 3 33.3%

Votes: 1 11.1%

Votes: 4 44.4%

Votes: 1 11.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Now my far-too-long holiday has almost started, I thought I'd take the time to draw some fan art! I don't do computer art, so I took my trusty tools and drew my character walking along the bridge where you fight Vilya. Not only was this my first fan art, but also my first time using colouring pencils since I was about 8, and the first time I've publicly published my art online! Triple first! :D (Although that may not be a good thing...)

Here is the image I was going off, even though I did use a few other in-game screenshots:

Ferona2.png

And here's the final product! Unfortunately due to how scanners work, it came out a little bleached, so I upped the contrast with an image editing software to get this:

IMG_20150526_0001_Small.jpg

I'm really happy with how it came out, but I'd like to analyse it a little further like you have to do at the end of everything you end up doing in an art project:

What I like:
  • I managed to produce something decent with colouring pencils... COLOURING PENCILS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! The things that children use! Nice to get back to my roots...
  • It actually looks like my character
  • I think I captured the look of the Pillar Mountains' rocks quite well
  • It's gonna look great on my wall ^-^
  • The bridge stones look nice and 3D
What I don't like:
  • She's got a slight dent in her forehead... Maybe she's been headbutting rabbys or just took a blow Vilya's spear shaft to the face... Or I shouldn't drink tea just before I need a steady hand
  • Although the seams on the clothing make it look a little more old and worn, they detract from the bounciness of the clothing that comes across in the game, which is the bit I like :(
  • I rushed in and added the amulet of health without sketching it in pencil, so it looks a little out of place and is also the wrong colour
  • The shadow under the feet may be a little intense, and could do with being a little larger
  • The road is too brown, it's more grey in the game. The stones on it overlap oddly as well :/
  • The shield looks like it's been inverted
  • Still looks moderately like a child's drawing >_<
So, that's my opinion... WHAT'S YOURS?!?

Do you agree with me, or not? Are the feet too small and need shoes? Do the seams add some previously unknown attribute to her personality? Should there be decapitated rabbys everywhere? Let me know!

Also, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IN THE POLL! What would you rate this on a scale of 1 to 10? 1 being "THIS IS HORRENDOUS YOU NEED SOOOOO MANY MORE DECAPITATED RABBYS", 10 being "OMG DO ONE FOR MY CHARACTER IT'S REEEAAAALLY CUTE AND I WANT ONE"??

Finally, leave some suggestions! I plan on doing another couple in the near future now I've revived my love for drawing and I want your input on what they might be! Extremely cute Fae? Phaseman VS. Winter? Artifact picnic? Tell me!

Thanks for reading,

G

<3

Last edited:

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Great stuff :D I love how serious your character looks, like she's about to go kick some ass (hopefully not mine T_T)

Awesome!!

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Also, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IN THE POLL! What would you rate this on a scale of 1 to 10? 1 being "THIS IS HORRENDOUS YOU NEED SOOOOO MANY MORE DECAPITATED RABBYS", 10 being "OMG DO ONE FOR MY CHARACTER IT'S REEEAAAALLY CUTE AND I WANT ONE"??

Finally, leave some suggestions! I plan on doing another couple in the near future now I've revived my love for drawing and I want your input on what they might be! Extremely cute Fae? Phaseman VS. Winter? Artifact picnic? Tell me!
"YOU NEED SOOOOO MANY MORE DECAPITATED RABBYS" + "OMG DO ONE FOR MY CHARACTER IT'S REEEAAAALLY CUTE AND I WANT ONE" = upload_2015-5-27_9-30-21.png

GarlicJelly

That's skinned (or sheared) rabbys :p
When I started playing the game I was getting my ass kicked by the Rabbys on Normal for over 20 minutes so I want to see a lot of them suffer (preferably dead). I've also been wearing that hat since the day I first crafted it (it's a trophy of finally being able to kill them) and the Shamshlight is my favorite weapon in the game so those three things are what I want in the drawing if you make one of me. :3 The rest is up to you. :)

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I can just imagine your character with the Rabby Ushanka, Fur Vest, Carrot sword and two Rabbit's feet (although oddly enough, the rabbys don't have feet...) :p

The Seasoned Rabby Hunter...

Seems like an interesting idea! I'll see what I can do :D

[Edit]: I thought there could be you encircled by rabbys, possibly with the Elder in there too, Smashlight at the ready, piles of rabbbit fur and heads in the background...

Would you prefer more Pillar Mountains, Evergrind East, West or South? And what skills do you use?

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

I can just imagine your character with the Rabby Ushanka, Fur Vest, Carrot sword and two Rabbit's feet (although oddly enough, the rabbys don't have feet...) :p

The Seasoned Rabby Hunter...

Seems like an interesting idea! I'll see what I can do :D

[Edit]: I thought there could be you encircled by rabbys, possibly with the Elder in there too, Smashlight at the ready, piles of rabbbit fur and heads in the background...

Would you prefer more Pillar Mountains, Evergrind East, West or South? And what skills do you use?
I like the idea of having the character surrounded by Rabbys that want to avenge their dead friends. :D
When I played 2hander I prefered to use the Heroic Slam (back when I started playing that was one of two skills you had to choose from in the 2handed tree but it was great fun ^^). If you want to use the Carrot sword then I prefer Shadow Clone or Blade Flurry. (Currently I use Shadow Clone but I used to play with Blade Flurry a lot (pro tip, it's OP against bees. ;) ))

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I'm glad you chose the heroic slam as that's basically what I've depicted :D

Something like this, with the mountains in the background and the circle of rabbys?

IMG_0802.JPG

I added in a "K-CHAK" sound under the head and I'm moving it over a bit now

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Just to make sure I get the colours right, could I get another screenshot of your character from the side with the hat and blindfold off?

[Edit]: And also, did you give him a name?

Last edited:
If you posted a full non-coloured version of it, I could of possibly done the colouring on the computermachine for you, but I love it nontheless.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Agh, sorry dude, it's all completely finished, and I've only gone and done the same thing with Goodstuffs. Wish I'd scanned it in at that stage, trying to do a bit of computer art myself. Thanks for the offer though :D