Nerf the sentry boss for singleplayer.

Shu-Woon

Green Slime
Incredibly strong, almost all builds are unfair against it, it's very frustrating, if /respec wasn't available I'd give up.

Edit: I'm silly and forgot I was on hard difficulty, hard difficulty doesn't need to be nerfed because it's hard.

Last edited:

ark626

I dont have had that feeling, sentry boss was almost to easy to beat up Oo
Which level did youve got?
At some points of the game just rushing trough isnt a wise option

ark626

No in the old temple ther is a Miniboss title
THe Sentry

He spawns minions. I didnt thought he was that hard at all.
What is your opinion MrChocodemon?

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Oh that one XD i didn't even recognize the stationary crystal as a miniboss, even though he has a lifebar.
He has quite much Hp, but is not too hard. I defeat him normaly before the second spawn wave.
Maybe he can be pretty hard if you don't concentrate your attacks on him.
Definitly not unfair.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
What difficulty setting are you playing on? It's pretty difficult on Hard but this is the first time I've heard someone say it's too strong in Normal mode!

Shu-Woon

Green Slime
Oh, I must've been on hard difficulty and forgot. My bad! I completely forgot I set it to hard difficulty. If that's how he was on normal difficulty, then he would definitely need a nerf, sorry.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Haha, no worries! This has happened before on various bosses, actually, so I suspected it might be the case. :D

Our Hard is a bit tougher than the "hard" of many other games, I suspect. In one of the coming patches I think I'll add that if you die X times in a row on Hard, the bag will remind you of the difficulty setting. By bag, I mean the speech bubble on the game over screen!

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I try it right now on a new char and hard.

I just found a barrel shield o_O awesome and sneaky

Last edited:

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
On hard it's hard, but still not unfair. I played with the multihit and shield skills and had this amazing shield XD

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I beat the game on hard just the other day and the only thing I had problems with was this boss. The last 10-15% spawns 3 wisps that are so freaking annoying that I was about to start crying (true story). I had to step back for a bit, grind to lvl 14 and get back in again. XD Otherwise the hard difficulty felt pretty ok, it went pretty fluid just like the normal difficulty (you don't have to stop much to level up or gear up much). To me it seems fair that hard is such a step up from normal since you only have two options. :p