NPC Battles!

As IHeartPie mentioned in a recent video, he said that the Nurse in arcade mode should be a fightable enemy. I think the reward should be 1 Potion in exchange for a really hard boss fight (This is like fighting the kecleon shopkeepers in pokemon mystery dungeon).

This sparked the idea, that with the new "HQ" machine being added allowing you to fight old bosses, we should be able to fight Most NPC's in the game with this machine! I was considering not suggesting this, as I don't want you guys to go through the extra trouble, but have you ever wanted to beat the crap out of Jonathan or one of the other NPC characters you don't like that much? Sure, go ahead! They won't be harmed, but it will be a simulation. You can't expect a world full of dangerous monsters to survive without the help of weaponry from the adults or guardians of towns! Even some main characters could be fightable, that have dialogue related to the story. Imagine fighting the guild master with a summon spell for the guards that stop him from being touched! It'd be cool.

Odviously, this is only a suggestion, and wouldn't be suprised if this wasn't added or even considered to be added by the devs, but its a suggestion if you guys are up to it. (Others should say what they think, I don't want an update that only 1 or 2 people would like)

But I still think the nurse should be a fightable boss, for "her" ripoff prices...

Antar

Green Slime
Your suggestion for fighting any NPC reminds me of Radiata Stories for the Playstation 2 which had the same concept. You could kick any NPC to fight them, some where very easy and some were very good. Kicking people who couldn't fight, like children, caused you to fight the town guards.

Fred

Developer
Staff member
It's a cool idea, but I'm pretty confident it will never happen because of the insane workload it will create in terms of creating battle animations for every NPC in the entire game.
We do however have plans of adding a feature were you can challenge NPC's from the Collector's Headquarters to friendly duels, either in the arena or some fighting area in the HQ. As of now, the idea is that the Collector NPC's would have access to the same skills as the players, each one of them using different builds for the players to deal with. Defeating them would net you some kind of reward and you would unlock new Collectors to challenge as you progress through the game.

What's nice about this in terms of the animation workload is that I can make two basic templates for the Collectors (one male and one female) that can be used for everyone, and just swap out the head/haircut/weapons to make a new challenger. The same goes for Teddy and the programming as he can make a basic AI template and just make tiny adjustments/change the skill builds to add a ton of variety to each duel.

It's not every NPC in the game, but at least it's something ;D

Aurophobia

Halloweed
The Dad NPC being an optional fight in the arena (using the collectors friendly bouts idea) would be epic and a major, "OMG my dad used to be a badass?" moment.

I feel like he would then have some sort of purpose in this game. (And what better way to add backstory to why he had the Bag NPC)

Hobo

Rabby
We do however have plans of adding a feature were you can challenge NPC's from the Collector's Headquarters to friendly duels, either in the arena or some fighting area in the HQ. As of now, the idea is that the Collector NPC's would have access to the same skills as the players, each one of them using different builds for the players to deal with. Defeating them would net you some kind of reward and you would unlock new Collectors to challenge as you progress through the game.
w-would there be rewards for this? Maybe a hat!

Own

We do however have plans of adding a feature were you can challenge NPC's from the Collector's Headquarters to friendly duels, either in the arena or some fighting area in the HQ.

Hopefully you would be able to challenge multiple ones at the same time? :) Or in the final challenge, all of them vs you at the same time?

Also, does this mean you would be able to bring one of them along with you as a buddy NPC, since they're able to fight? :)

Last edited: