NPC Relationships - Marriage :D

HexZyle

Boar
Can we marry NPCs? Puh-leeeeese? (。◕‿◕。)
Some of the profile artwork is so keyuuuute
I want to have their babies

Enoen

Rabby
Why should that be a mod it would heavily conflict with co-op.
Maybe someone will make a mod for that some day ^-^
*Pulls out the water bottle spray* How would this game even be compatible with friends with modding? Couldn't it completely mess up your save if you try to revert back?

magnusi

Green Slime
Why should that be a mod it would heavily conflict with co-op.

*Pulls out the water bottle spray* How would this game even be compatible with friends with modding? Couldn't it completely mess up your save if you try to revert back?
Technically it would be possible, and probably if all the friends had the mod and it would be configured to work over network, then that would work. Also, nothing says that the mariage save has to be inside of character save. It can be in a separate file, which would allow installation and deletion of the mod at will, because if the player would decide to use the mod again, the mod would still have it's saves. If the mod wouldn't be present the files would be ignored and wouldn't mess with the vanilla save

Enoen

Rabby
Technically it would be possible, and probably if all the friends had the mod and it would be configured to work over network, then that would work. Also, nothing says that the mariage save has to be inside of character save. It can be in a separate file, which would allow installation and deletion of the mod at will, because if the player would decide to use the mod again, the mod would still have it's saves. If the mod wouldn't be present the files would be ignored and wouldn't mess with the vanilla save
*Puts the newspaper down* You sir are a genius. I back down from my statement. Although I admit I originally thought this game would present us with the means to develop relationships with the characters for special perks like maybe learning a new moveset or have a companion to fight alongside us besides our friends...

Basically I'm asking if the devs will allow us to ship our characters with Ivy. What? I fucking love her spunk she looks like she'd be the 2nd to final boss AND a character that can grow to like us. Dunno I'd be disappoint if she's as cliche as I'm predicting.

HexZyle

Boar
Nothing is impossible in the world of programming.
Some things can be contrivingly difficult, and require innovative means to simplify, but this isn't one of them.

Ivy is cool, but not my type.

VE Amber

Green Slime
I just found this game and was hoping there would be romance/marriage involved... would be really neat. (Sorry for bumping an old post... this was the only one I saw regarding the topic)
I've done pretty much all there is to do and Stardew Valley so i'm looking for similar games.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I don't think romance or marriage is planned to be involved at all, since the protagonist is (pretty much) silent. There are no speech options when you talk to people, or different actions you can perform like giving them a gift.

If you like the demo then it might be worth a buy, as Grindea is a decent pixel art RPG with a juicy combat system, but there aren't many similarities to Stardew. The story is much less about the player and a lot more about everyone else - you're basically doing all the work for someone else's plan. So if you like being given stuff to do rather than working out what you want to do from a range of options, it might be a good investment.

conniechan84

Green Slime
Being able to marry npc's is an absolutely lovely idea, I would especially love having same sex marriage in the game. It would be greatly appreciated. Please consider it Secrets of Grindea creators/developers. <3