On the early game solem

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by somerandomwizard, Jul 30, 2019.

1. somerandomwizard

somerandomwizard Green Slime

So when I found out that you could fight a solem before entering the pumpkin woods I, of course, had to fight it. After a few tries I got it, but I wasn’t suddenly rich or over leveled, And I was kinda sad about that (was hoping for like 3 levels), all that work for naught. So I think it would be a fun Easter egg if you got something (likely a cosmetic) for beating it pre fortress. In a previous post I voiced the idea of cosmetic weapons to go along side hats, so maybe this could be used to go into that idea?

2. Chaldo

Chaldo Rabby

I think it's kind of redundant to be honest. The solem is there as a soft barrier from entering the Desert early and it doesn't make sense to reward the player for killing it.

3. The G-Meister

The G-Meister Giga Slime

Maybe only be able to kill it once. That'd make a nice one-off EXP boost for players who accept the challenge of killing it at a low level. Of course, make it respawn when the desert is actually available.

somerandomwizard likes this.
  4. somerandomwizard

somerandomwizard Green Slime

I’d say it makes plenty of sense to do it. There’s a solid wall just after so the soft barrier is useless and it rewards the player for beating a tough enemy, and it’s not even an unusual idea, look at dark souls for example.

5. Own

Own Moderator

There is the chance of getting a Solem Shield from it. That deals a ridiculous amount of damage on a Perfect Guard.