Pawn Shop Idea

Raeden

Rabby
There are some items in the game that you get from chests and can only get once.

I think it would be cool to have a Pawn Shop where it's the only place that such items can be sold.
Only these items that can be obtained once can be sold there and if you want it back you will need to pay a bit more than what you've sold it for. This gives you a way to sell unwanted items that clog your inventory but if you change your build and want these items back you have a means of doing this.

If you want to change it up a bit you could make the item disappear from the shop after a random amount of time and then you'd need to find it at someone else's shop (someone else bought it but has put it up for sale at their shop now)

Just some ideas. Thanks!

Own

It seems like if you want a second, third, etc copy of an item, all you need to do is go on a multiplayer adventure in someone else's world. I reported this a while ago with the Season Temple chests and didn't get a response, so I assume this is working as intended.

I do know that they were toying with the idea of a shop where you can buy any 'unique' item you found and sold back at a larger price, though.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I'll probably add a tracker of unique items at some point, actually, which will work as you (Own) suggested in your thread. The reason I'm reluctant to do that now is because we don't yet have an NPC where you can buy back stuff you've sold, and I also don't want to flag every chest drop as "no drop no trade" to clutter the inventory! Then again, regular players probably don't think of using a multiplayer session to get back unique items they might've sold...

Anyways, I'm leaving that "bug/feature" as it is for now, and when the system is introduced all affected items will be reduced to 1!