Personal Feedback!

Hey Guys!

I just finished the Tai Ming Questline and met with Dad who told me that there is nothing else to do, so i wanted to share my appreciation here instead!

I think i bought Secrets of Grindea back in 2015 after i spend about 16 hours in the previous version. I started playing with a pirated copy and i remember getting short reminders, instead of loading screen tips, to support the developer. These messages got to me, and after finishing the questline i finally bought it, played a little bit arcade and forget about it until a few days ago! :)
(i wasn't opposed to buying games, i was just used to downloading in bulk, testing out a few games and sticking with those i liked. Now i'm more a steam before bitloader and thinking before buying kinda guy)

So when i started up the game (thank the cloud i still got my safe.. phew) i closed it immediatedly after noticing i wasn't on frontline. Fast forward ten minutes later i got ingame and was immersed into the light-hearted atmosphere of Evergrind! After using potions i didn't want to use by trying to orient myself i adjusted the settings/controls and went with windowed mode (fullscreen didn't want to work so i didn't bother) and left click/right click for attack/block, which would be the cause of minor inconveniences later on, and wasd for movement and 1-6,e,r,f for hotkeys.

Shortly after adjusting i noticed the carpenter(i think) who wanted to sell me a house. "Stardew Valley Crossover? Neat!", i thought. Well, to be honest, i'm not into housing and didn't expect it in this game but i guess it makes sense and it suits the atmosphere decently! I haven't tried renovating, but if it grows on me i will report back to you!

After leaving my empty property i noticed differences in the skill system as well as refunded points so i smacked a few into the attack speed and attack damage support skills. I have this 1h shadow clone thingy, the piercing forward skill and a happy little cloud following me, so i only need to buff up before battle and don't have to give it more thought..oh i have the falling sword thing too, and with level 25 enough EP to cast it while buffing up and having cloudy following me.

When i left the house i was level 21 and i remembered how i grinded the season knights and wizards for atleast an hour to get their cards with the side effect of quite some experience points and money.
I was relieved to find out that while quite alot of my album was reset those two cards were not. Queue in half an hour farming honey bees.

Well i bought the game because i love grinding so i actually spend more hours getting up to speed with the rest of the album.

I noticed fewer yetis with more health! I liked that.

I decided to follow the quest again and realized that my progress of Mount Rushmore (forgot the name sorry) was deleted. But that wasn't so bad after all, i really liked the quest with destroying the large crystal. The humor in this game makes for a relly great atmosphere. And all in all it's quite immersive and really enjoyable, no matter if you mindlessly beat on spinsects (love the name!) or follow the story and what every little character has to say about it!

But even before that Mount, i was able to play through the festival again. I quite enjoyed that. I remember losing the fishing contest every time the first time i played it. Wasn't that hard after all :) And cloudy took up the space in front of my face in the foto shoot. Best failed screenshot i ever took.

But i have to come to the heart of the feedback.
Amazing, impressive, beautiful Tai Ming.
After rushing through Rushmoore i found myself in an impressive story line.

Hard Spoiler ahead:
From the start i was intrigued by the fighting shadow and the surroundings and i think telling the story of Tai Ming by warping yourself 1000 years into the past was an incredible method. Along with making the time warp technique part of the puzzle-solving and later making your appearence in different timelines part and reason of the timerifts by fighting against the chosen collector (forgot his name again) is brilliant.
I love the simplicity of telling the story of Tai Ming. You see the characters grow up while interacting with all of them. Gradually whenever you come to the next time rift, you unlock the next little chapter of the story. And all that intertwined with the actual gameplay is just fantastic.
Maybe i'm easily impressed, but it gives me a lot of inspiration for storytelling alone.
(/spoiler end)

The detail and beauty of Tai Ming makes it well worth the wait of two years, and the value is immeasurable compared to the 20€ i used to back Secrets of Grindea in 2015.

I really love this game!

I will add some feedback to the mild inconveniences i talked about! :)

- When playing in windowed mode and using the mouse to attack, you will find yourself moving the window or clicking out of the window because of the lack of mouse lock to the game. I guess that could be intended, but fullscreen didn't work for me so i had no other option. Somehow my window settings wouldn't change on the next startup. I could try steam option next time.
- The quest with the large crystal i talked about. I used the place to collect the spinsect card and on multiple occasions the spinsects catapulted themselves into the worker next to the large crystal.
Then fighting the spinsect would result in activating the dialoque with the miners causing you to not fight and, well, you would be talking to the miner.
- I would love a 1h weapon that gets stronger with any collected card too! :)

None of that left a lasting negative imprint on me though! :)

I think that's it for now.
Thank you so much for this game, i really appreciate it! :)

I must not forget to write a positive Steam review!

Bye!

Attachments

• 20170803115427_1.jpg
    20170803115427_1.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 5