Pets/feeding

da_ninja_monkey

Green Slime
One problem i have with pets is the leveling, my pet (shown below) has 4 levels of damage but non for crits because of the way foods are given out, also in the early game you get food by grinding mobs as well as fishing but once you move out of the pillar mountains the only way to feed your pet is by fishing which gets better food but is much less enjoyable (personally).

I think it would be better if some of the mob drops (like mushroom spores) were edible even if it gave you a small amount of exp. also balancing the drop rate/availability between the five stats for your pet would be great :)

Attachments

• 20160330150950_1.jpg
    20160330150950_1.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 12

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Isn't a pet feeding/fishing revamp in the works already? I'm pretty sure it's a universal judgement that they're pretty unfair :p

Jane

Green Slime
What will be changed in the revamp? I agree that fishing is not as enjoyable, but because it is the only way to get crit atm, I have to put up with it.

Can someone give me details about the revamp so I can decide whether or not I should feed my pet now or wait for the revamp? When is the revamp? And will we no longer be able to feed the fish/current foods we have, or will we still be able to feed it after the revamp?

Thanks!

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
We're not sure exactly what it entails, but so far pet levelling is unfair and really easy to do. If you want to level up your pet, now is the best time - but feed it with damage potions. They're dirt cheap, and the money is easy to get through grinding.

Fishing has already had a change, incorporating some of the smaller bars into some fish, but I think there's other things to come, such as extra rods and different types of bars (like trying to keep two fish in it at any one time, or a faster moving fish).

Pharphis

Rabby
I'm feeding one of my pets energy potions ;)

+32 EP atm iirc and it's really not hard to get. Also very useful.

Haven't bothered with dmg potions since I can just farm jumpkins