Pets Levels

Kin

Green Slime
I'm a bit confused concerning how pet levels work. I heard that the maximum pet level is 10, but I've also heard that it's infinite. Which is it?

And if there is a max pet level, what is the max level for each stat skill? And do I need to be careful on what I level up?

For instance, if the max pet level is 51, and the max level for each skill is 10, then I wouldn't need to worry. But if the max pet level is 51 and the max skill level is 50, then I would have to be selective on which skills I upgrade since there's an opportunity cost involved. If put 49 levels into crit, and 1 into attack, I could never get that final level into crit since my pet level is already 51 (base 1 + 49 from crit + 1 from atk).

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
my highest pet has level 410 right now
i hacked some money to buy some strength potions and then placed a book on my keyboard while going to university
yeah
i think it is limited but the limit should be somewhere near 2,147,483,647
why that? It's the max of money and bronze charges and some other things

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
The boni are pretty small and high levels take very much leveling so it is pretty much self controlling.
It's nice that you can put as much effort in your pet as you think is good and even a +10% on damage makes a difference.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
The pets are going to be balanced one way or another, most likely through a level cap, in the future. Don't have any details on that just yet, though!

The pets are going to be balanced one way or another, most likely through a level cap, in the future. Don't have any details on that just yet, though!

You could make the pets level cap 10, then have certain pet-oriented quests that raise the cap by 5. (maybe each pet you catch adds 5 levels to the cap?)

Inzanity

Green Slime
a simple cap to a single pet stat would be the best solution. Cannot raise X/Y stat above N value. imagine someone running 100 crit chance pet boost..yea.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
a simple cap to a single pet stat would be the best solution. Cannot raise X/Y stat above N value. imagine someone running 100 crit chance pet boost..yea.
I like this because then you can actually max out your pet with all the stats! On the other hand this might be a bit to crazy since they are all nice stats. :D I guess this system would require some balancing but I think it's possible.