[Polish] When you die to a (mini)boss, they go back to what they were doing in the background

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Title says most of it really. Had a little idea while fighting the Ferrets again, that if they "dispose" of you, they pick up their loot and carry on out the door. Then I thought you could add that to most the bosses... so here's a list:
  • First Ferrets battle: They laugh evilly, then walk back down the track to Evergrind.
  • Arena (for the Exams and any of the challenges): The crowd gasp and the enemies get put back through the door and the doors close behind them. For gigaslime, he shrinks back into a normal slime and the same process occurs.
  • Phaseman (did I miss one here?): Goes back to the top of the stage and shuts down again.
  • Sentry: All enemies die, and a sole guardian spawns. It puts a green protective shield bubble over the Sentry and it's case slowly starts regenerating. Once done the Guardian dies and the room powers down.
  • GUN-D4M: The giant robot steps out of its hole in the ground and steps down the front of the screen (as if Amalet has gone off to destroy the world).
  • Marino: He does his evil chuckle, looks at Amalet, then walks into his house.
  • Enraged Toy Machine: Um, not too sure about this one. Maybe it starts churning out presents by the butt load and they march out the door.
  • The angry puzzle block thing I can't remember the name of: Does the reverse of it's coming-to-life animation and goes back to sleep again.
  • Frostling King: Starts playing target practise with a snowman
  • Summer & Autumn: Naniva stands in shock as the brainwashed pair follow Winter into the top room and seal themselves in.
  • Season Hydras: They slump back into the water.
  • Winter: Goes back to his small form and continues freezing over the thingy. Occasionally Naniva will try to get up and Winter fires a snowball at her so she falls over again.
  • Second Ferrets battle: As above.
Although not top priority and quite a bit of animation work on Fred's part, it'd be cool to see a couple of these once we're nearing release (which I gather is still rather far away!). Anyone else with me?

Own

I've always been fond of this game screenshot. ;)

DMwHjv3.jpg

That said, it would be nice if bosses stopped attacking when everyone was dead and just went 'idle'. They look pretty doofy when they keep raging against thin air.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Well you've almost got me there :p However, we're dealing with a completely different situation here. Let's face it, bag now gives you helpful hints on how to improve on your techniques when you've died, meaning that the player is assumed to fail! Furthermore, we're dealing with a completely different attitude here. It's not black and white, it's got nothing to do with the dark world of politics (so far as we know), and our sidekick isn't Master Ivy! Besides, explosions are cool. A simple animation of people walking away from the battle scene isn't much of a reward (although GUN-D4M emerging from his chasm and tearing through the Flying fortress totally would be).

I see your point though. Either way, simply knowing that people will fail and showing by some means that it's been thought about, reward or not, it's just as good in it's own right :p