(Quick Question) Stay off the Board?

Thalldor

Green Slime
Quick question guys, is it possible to stay off the leader boards in the Arcade mode or is it forced? I'm not too fond of being on the leader boards.

Thalldor

Green Slime
You can always use cheats, so you get banned from main leaderboards.

I think I just gave the most stupid advice ever...

Wait, are there 2 leader boards or just the 1 steam leader board with my choice to submit? No need to do that if I don't simply have to submit.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Wait, are there 2 leader boards or just the 1 steam leader board with my choice to submit? No need to do that if I don't simply have to submit.
There is one public leaderboard where everyone submit their scores on. If you submit a score that the game thinks is cheated it will move you to the "cheater leaderboard" where only cheaters have their scores uploaded. If you never upload a run that the game thinks is cheated you'll never see or have to worry about the "cheater leaderboard".

Thalldor

Green Slime
There is one public leaderboard where everyone submit their scores on. If you submit a score that the game thinks is cheated it will move you to the "cheater leaderboard" where only cheaters have their scores uploaded. If you never upload a run that the game thinks is cheated you'll never see or have to worry about the "cheater leaderboard".

Wait, but do I have the OPTION to submit my score because I do NOT want my score on any leader board... Is there the ONLY optional steam leader board and that is it or is there another leader board with the steam leader board?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
After each run you'll get the option to upload the score or not. Just select no here and your score won't get uploaded. It's almost impossible to upload it accidentally since no choice is pre-selected!

If you are SUPER nervous about accidentally uploading your score, you can PM me your SteamID and I'll have you preemptively banned :D

Thalldor

Green Slime
After each run you'll get the option to upload the score or not. Just select no here and your score won't get uploaded. It's almost impossible to upload it accidentally since no choice is pre-selected!

If you are SUPER nervous about accidentally uploading your score, you can PM me your SteamID and I'll have you preemptively banned :D

Alright, thanks for the information! I don't think that it is needed for me to be banned currently but I'll let you know if it comes down to it.

This thread has been solved, thank you all for your support. :D

I have to say though, you might be one of my favorite Developers.

Last edited:

Thalldor

Green Slime
Out of interest, why don't you want your score on the leaderboards?

I have some personal reasons for the case but I'll still be on the leader boards depending on how I feel.

I USUALLY speed run in most games I play and because of going for TIME instead of perfection etc I don't care about score usually. Its kinda something to stop my self being competitive and stuff. To tell the truth I've been thinking about speed running this game but I haven't gotten to that yet since I like games that require more skill in speed running than dumb luck (Although in this game its kinda parts of dumbluck but not entirely so yeah) Since games that you speed run that is pure skill luck much more cooler...

And I start to talk about another game and to avoid advertising another game on
this game people can click this spoiler understanding although I'm still mainly talking about speed running.

{ex, Ori and the blind forest somewhat} Although not too fond of the turn of the meta for speed running in Ori went because it turned into nearly impossible jumps that are frame perfect that require stuff that also requires the 0 to be a 1 and it requires the moon to be full and the planets alined and then you MIGHT be able to do it because some nerd found a way to get out of bounds and someeone found a way to abuse that out of bounds after a year of trying to figure out how the rooms are layed out and... Yeah. It use to be where the hardest thing in Ori was the iceless and now its just terrible. xD

So, with that said I hope the speed running in this game isn't going to go that bad. xD

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I have some personal reasons for the case but I'll still be on the leader boards depending on how I feel.

I USUALLY speed run in most games I play and because of going for TIME instead of perfection etc I don't care about score usually. Its kinda something to stop my self being competitive and stuff. To tell the truth I've been thinking about speed running this game but I haven't gotten to that yet since I like games that require more skill in speed running than dumb luck (Although in this game its kinda parts of dumbluck but not entirely so yeah) Since games that you speed run that is pure skill luck much more cooler...

And I start to talk about another game and to avoid advertising another game on
this game people can click this spoiler understanding although I'm still mainly talking about speed running.

{ex, Ori and the blind forest somewhat} Although not too fond of the turn of the meta for speed running in Ori went because it turned into nearly impossible jumps that are frame perfect that require stuff that also requires the 0 to be a 1 and it requires the moon to be full and the planets alined and then you MIGHT be able to do it because some nerd found a way to get out of bounds and someeone found a way to abuse that out of bounds after a year of trying to figure out how the rooms are layed out and... Yeah. It use to be where the hardest thing in Ori was the iceless and now its just terrible. xD

So, with that said I hope the speed running in this game isn't going to go that bad. xD
You know... The faster you beat Arcade the higher the change to get a better score.... You only need to avoid damage as well as keep a world record pace and you'll beat everyone. ;)

Thalldor

Green Slime
You know... The faster you beat Arcade the higher the change to get a better score.... You only need to avoid damage as well as keep a world record pace and you'll beat everyone. ;)

Aye, that is indeed true but I guess its just habit so I don't get too competitive.