(Quick Question) Steam Game

Where did you buy the game?

• Total voters

KingPotato

Green Slime
Hi, this is for any mod that knows information about finances. If I bought SoG on Steam, did you guys still get profit, because I hope you did. It'd be real unfair if you didn't.

Thalldor

Green Slime
Hi, this is for any mod that knows information about finances. If I bought SoG on Steam, did you guys still get profit, because I hope you did. It'd be real unfair if you didn't.

HELLO!

I'm fairly certain that they still get profits (Or most of the profits as I wouldn't be surprised if steam sapped a very tiny amount of profits to stay in business {Granted it is ran by valve so they can really do what ever they want I guess}) But I'm sure they get the majority or possibly all of the profits as it wouldn't make since if game devs to post their games there just to not get many, it wouldn't make too much since. If you want to ensure that they're getting all of your money I'm sure you can buy from their website but they could still get all the money on the steam and I'm just some slime that doesn't know a lot so everything I said could be completely invalid so you could take this advice or wait on a staff member to respond but it is entirely up to you. : )

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, while the Humble Widget gives us ~20 % more than Steam, we still get a majority of the revenue on Steam as well! I wouldn't worry too much about where the game was bought. Quite frankly, Steam's recommendation system gives us so many store views that they deserve the larger cut :D

Thalldor

Green Slime
Yeah, while the Humble Widget gives us ~20 % more than Steam, we still get a majority of the revenue on Steam as well! I wouldn't worry too much about where the game was bought. Quite frankly, Steam's recommendation system gives us so many store views that they deserve the larger cut :D

That was a quick response, but it appears I'm more or less correct and because steam is such a big thing I would probably agree with Teddy Bear regarding this because this is a small studio as well.