Reducing damage taken from Autumn Knights and lower the amount of Tornados In Hard

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
So far in my playthrough with my Spin2Win character on Hard I've only had problems with 2 things, the Sentry and the Autumn themed enemies. The tornados spawned in the small rooms are far too many to be possible to dodge and the spinning of the Autumn knights is almost impossible to avoid as well. Sure, I know that I can block their spinning but I don't seen any window of opportunity to do so and especially not in a room filled with tornados. In most of the parts of the Temple you can just avoid the Autumn orbs but when you get to in the multi-season room where everything is empowered it feels a little unbalanced as I can only take 4 hits from the enemies and once I get stuck in a tornado or start getting chased by a spinning Autumn Knight I just can't survive. I've been able to beat everything with my current build except for these challenges where there are a lot of enemies in a room that I have to kill. I'm using an AOE build so it feels kind of dumb that I can beat the bosses easier than just normal rooms with some fences by the doors. :p I think you should have an extra look at the areas where you are forced to fight multiple enemies without any break or space to block such as the Sentry fight, the room before the big puzzle in the Season Temple and the multi-season room in the Season Temple. On Hard these are more challenging than the actual boss fights. :p

Last edited:

Own

Meanwhile, I think they should stay exactly the same. :D

If y'can't take the heat, get outta hard mode. It's meant to be a serious struggle and dying should probably be anticipated if you don't have a lot of experience with the enemies from Normal mode. :)

I'll run continue my Hardmode Whirlslash no-sidequests character to Season Temple sometime soon, when I get a chance to play that far, get a feel for it and post results.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Right after I posted this thread I realized that I should be focusing the Autumn knights more. I still had to skip the room before the big puzzle in the Temple but I managed to beat the multi-season room in my first attempt right after posting this. I think my judgments are clouded by the fact that I'm playing a new build and that I'm playing on Hard. I'm not used to either. :p It's still pretty weird that it's just you and me who have something to say in this. Are we the only ones who play on Hard? :D

If y'can't take the heat, get outta hard mode. It's meant to be a serious struggle and dying should probably be anticipated if you don't have a lot of experience with the enemies from Normal mode. :)
I have experience with both Hard and Normal and I think I've played the game long enough to say that I'm not a noob anymore. :p The balance between rooms you get stuck in (mini-bosses) and the real boss fights (such as Phaseman, Giga Slime, GUND4M and Toy Factory) seem to be quite different to what you would expect from my experience so far. I mean if I can beat some bosses in my first attempt and I struggle to face normal enemies then there has to be something wrong. Right?

Last edited: