References in Secrets of Grindea

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Own, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Own

Own Moderator

[​IMG]

Let's see.

Buster Sword - Final Fantasy 7
    Pokeballs - Pokemon
    Triforce (second appearance?) - Zelda
    L Block - Tetris

I assume the pink crystalline heart and the wand high above the Triforce are references to some other games, but I assume I haven't played them.

It's always nice to see easter eggs hidden about. Back on the SNES, the only ones you could really spot - if you tired hard and were actively looking for them - were bizarre faces hidden in the middle of nowhere...

upload_2017-1-7_10-9-37.png

2. Yuuki

Yuuki Boar

The balls could be a reference to dragon Ball, seeing that it are exactly 7

3. Devel0per

Devel0per Green Slime

The first dungeon (the flying fortress) is a reference to secrets of mana and the mana fortress or something close (I can't remember) and the last two so far are a reference to Oracle of seasons and Oracle of ages in that order

4. Own

Own Moderator

upload_2018-11-19_8-47-41.png

SoG's music composer, otherwise known as @LuckyLionStudios

upload_2018-11-19_8-38-11.png

Some anime guy from Gundam Wing.

upload_2018-11-19_8-41-29.png

Self-referential. Like Oldman, Fharmamera used to be the name of Zhamla Meer in older versions.

Attached Files:

5. matissimo

matissimo Green Slime

Fahrmamera*

6. Frigid

Frigid Green Slime

Pardon the necro, but are we not including skills here? The magic skill in the air tree Cloud Strike is a reference to Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII, and the magic talent Snap Cast might be a reference to the Magic: the Gathering card Snapcaster Mage.

7. Gaysey

Gaysey Green Slime

The Vanjie! Vaaanjie! Quest in Port Monnaie (the quest to help retrieve a cat), is a reference to Miss Vanjie, a drag queen from Rupaul's Drag Race Season 10. She is known for repeatedly saying "Miss Vaaanjie"

8. Own

Own Moderator

Well, that explains why Vilya was repeatedly referencing Rupaul the other month. =P