Respec

Xaned

Green Slime
So I have not seen this yet (sorry if I missed it) I think are spec option for a ton of gold would be great because you have a ton of skills to choose from and playing through the game each time just to try out a skill seems a little lame. (My opinion) Maybe 100 000 gold or so. It respecs all skills or maybe just a few.

So I have not seen this yet (sorry if I missed it) I think are spec option for a ton of gold would be great because you have a ton of skills to choose from and playing through the game each time just to try out a skill seems a little lame. (My opinion) Maybe 100 000 gold or so. It respecs all skills or maybe just a few.
If you want to test out all of the skills there is currently a feature where you type /respec in game and it resets all your skills. That being said, I am not quite sure if this is a suggestion to change this feature or if you just missed this feature and was asking for one. (This feature is supposed to be only in the beta so beta testers can see all skills.)

Xaned

Green Slime
Yeah I missed the feature, but more for like in game. Kind of like a retraining fee that you unlock after a certain point. So everyone can use it with maybe a large fee. So that beta testers don't have an advantage when the game is released because they know the build they want

So that beta testers don't have an advantage when the game is released because they know the build they want
I see what your saying about the advantages that beta testers could have. However anyone, beta tester or not could have this advantage. Non beta testers could just watch a few videos of the game, although this does not deliver as much of an advantage as actual gameplay, it still delivers some. Also; I believe this feature was added knowing that it could make finding bugs/glitches easier as well.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Guess what? Link dump! http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...ing-skills-respec-and-the-dojo.593/#post-3864

As said earlier the command is just for beta testing purposes since leveling up a new character every time to try out a new skill or a new skill combo was both boring and troublesome because of the few save slots. As far as I know the devs have not decided if they want a way to respec in the full game. I think that they are going to decide on this after they've almost completed the story since it would be easier to imagine how the feature would fit/act in the game at that point.
So that beta testers don't have an advantage when the game is released because they know the build they want
This is not a MMORPG so beta testers don't really have an advantage over others. Besides the beta testers wouldn't have to create a new character on release because they have already played the game and made a character with their prefered build. :p

Guess what? Link dump! http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...ing-skills-respec-and-the-dojo.593/#post-3864

As said earlier the command is just for beta testing purposes since leveling up a new character every time to try out a new skill or a new skill combo was both boring and troublesome because of the few save slots. As far as I know the devs have not decided if they want a way to respec in the full game. I think that they are going to decide on this after they've almost completed the story since it would be easier to imagine how the feature would fit/act in the game at that point.

This is not a MMORPG so beta testers don't really have an advantage over others. Besides the beta testers wouldn't have to create a new character on release because they have already played the game and made a character with their prefered build. :p
Challenge complete!

Schattenphoenix

Green Slime
I dont see much sense in the respec option as you can easily see all skills doing arcade runs and just testing new things.
Ive seen all skills before i heard about this function.

ragnarokio

Green Slime
It's an open beta, the advantage beta testers have on release to new players is comparable to the advantage players who bought the game on release will have to players who buy the game a year later.

Some friends I was playing with were asking about a respec option. They didn't like the skills they took but didn't want to start over. I didn't know there was one at the time, I'm sure they'll be glad to hear about it.

Schattenphoenix

Green Slime
Of course its a handy feature but its not grindy to have it :p
If its really costy, maybe, as you would have to grind for money, but in general i dislike the idea a bit.
We had a discussion about this before and i would rather see it implemented in a way like torchlight 2 does it.
You can only reset a few points, for quite a few coins. Or just the last 2-3 points in general, for free in the menu.