savefile broken in 0.99c

fazdzz

Green Slime
I had complete main story when I played the game last time. But now after update to 0.99c, my savefile seems to be broken.
1. the completion become 57%, it should be 95%+.
1.png
2. all tasks completed is gone (the 2 tasks in the screenshot is completed just now):
2.png
3: the map contains nothing (the visible areas are unlocked just now):
3.png

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Did any "badload" files get created in the World save folder?

That folder should be in "%APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea/Worlds"!

If it looks like one was created when you started the latest update, please zip it and upload it here and I'll have a look!

fazdzz

Green Slime
Did any "badload" files get created in the World save folder?

That folder should be in "%APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea/Worlds"!

If it looks like one was created when you started the latest update, please zip it and upload it here and I'll have a look!
yes, there is a badload, but it was created at 2021, not yesterday:
download.png

Attachments

• Secrets of Grindea.zip
    85.5 KB · Views: 1

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hey!

Both of your saves load on the inhouse build - I'm not sure what might've bugged out during load! It could be that it as just a freak accident.. which makes me feel I should make the game retry loading a few times before judging a file to be broken!

So, how to recover your save files:

1) Make sure that you are on Frontline
2) Go into the save folder, delete the 0.wld file and then rename the Badload file to 0.wld
2b) @karpach you should go into the Characters folder and replace the 0.cha with that badload file!
3) Start the game

Hopefully, the saves will be restored and load properly!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
If Steam Cloud starts to restore the saves to their old state, you can try to do the above steps with the game already running! That way, the automatic cloud functionality can be circumvented.

fazdzz

Green Slime
Hey!

Both of your saves load on the inhouse build - I'm not sure what might've bugged out during load! It could be that it as just a freak accident.. which makes me feel I should make the game retry loading a few times before judging a file to be broken!

So, how to recover your save files:

1) Make sure that you are on Frontline
2) Go into the save folder, delete the 0.wld file and then rename the Badload file to 0.wld
2b) @karpach you should go into the Characters folder and replace the 0.cha with that badload file!
3) Start the game

Hopefully, the saves will be restored and load properly!
wow, this looks good to me. Thank you for saving my savefile!!!!! ;)