'Secret' house items, from rare circumstances.

Own

A random thought crossed my mind, about how it would be interesting if there were unlisted, secret house items in the game that happen during extremely specific circumstances, one time only. Sort of like in Minecraft when a skeleton kills a creeper, causing a music disc drop. So you could have items like:

Mounted Boar Head - Drops when two charging boars kill each other.

Green Lantern - Drops when you kill Phaseman with a reflected green bullet.

Rabby Welcome Mat - Drops when you kill a Rabby in 'enrage' mode. While I'm on the subject of this, it would be neat if hostile Rabbys automatically enraged after 30 seconds of being damaged (something not many would see), while Elite Rabby's enraged within 1-2 seconds of being damaged.

Jack-o'-Lantern - Kill 2 or more enemies with a single Perfect Guard of a Lantern Jack's volley. This would require being on hard mode or multiplayer for it to fire multiple fireballs in a single volley, I think?

Super-rare, unhinted items could add a lot of fun to the community for trying to figure how they're activated, once one person manages to stumble across one. =P

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I love the idea of the creative drops, if i may call them that, but i am not so sure about the not listing it. I love to know if i have everything, but i also love to to know that there are mysteries to uncover. I love to find things that are not shoved in my face by the game. But i also love the security of the list and the feeling of completing it.

When you gather such a super-rare would it appear then in your list?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
We've spoken about the item listing before and I still stick to that the items should not be listed if they are "secret" but they should appear in the list once obtained. As for the "tasks" (in the lack of a better word) you've suggested to find these items I only have four words... THAT SOUNDS SUPER HARD!!!!! (I still don't know if it's meant in a good or a bad way.)

I love the idea of having these sort of events to trigger an Ultra Rare drop but, I don't know if I'll be able to farm these items and it would be a shame if you spent time adding this to the game just to find out that nobody can manage to get them. Maybe the difficulty could change the difficulty of the Ultra Rare drop events? That way casuals could still enjoy the sweet loot and the more hardcore players could enjoy mega challanges of death(s), with sweet loot... :D

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
We've spoken about the item listing before and I still stick to that the items should not be listed if they are "secret" but they should appear in the list once obtained.

^That

Maybe the difficulty could change the difficulty of the Ultra Rare drop events?

On easy Boars have less health and are therefore it should be easier but i see 2 Problems with that.
1) Changing difficulty midgame just to obtain items easier... Of course the feature to change difficulty should stay but i don't like the idea that people just use this to get everything.
2)
Jack-o'-Lantern - Kill 2 or more enemies with a single Perfect Guard of a Lantern Jack's volley. This would require being on hard mode or multiplayer for it to fire multiple fireballs in a single volley, I think?
Things like that would not be possible on 'normal' unless someday we have miniboss enemies.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
On easy Boars have less health and are therefore it should be easier but i see 2 Problems with that.
1) Changing difficulty midgame just to obtain items easier... Of course the feature to change difficulty should stay but i don't like the idea that people just use this to get everything.
2)
What is number two? :p
As for the changing difficulty midgame is the same matter to me as the trading issue we've talked about. It's up to each player to decide if they wanna cheat or make the game easier. If you want a challange you keep it on hard and if you want it to be easy you change it to normal. To me it's not a problem that people cheat in a singleplayer game. The multiplayer option will mostly be played with friends as you don't have random servers you join so random people can't really destroy your game experience with hacked servers.

Own

In hindsight, it wouldn't require changing difficulty at all.

Elite versions of enemies will spawn naturally, and Elite Pumpkin Jack fires more fireballs in a volley even in Normal mode. :)